Posted Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:02 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Well if you put it like that I think many will agree.

What makes the song AWESOME (just my opinion) is that SCANDAL is singing and funny and all. It's the whole "fun song/parody/etc" with our lovely rock band (same thing as dobondobondo), and even more it seems they are talking about them not about a random subject.

If this was the song from a random band, I wouldn't even listen to it because i'm not into that kind of music.

It's because I love SCANDAL and the members that I find it really funny, cute, awesome, etc. Take the same music/beat and give to to another random band = I wouldn't care at all!

But this is MAMI + HARU + TIMO + RINA in what is clearly a funny/parody song (TOMOMI happy girl, the boss haruna, the sneeze from TIMO, etc.) so it makes it awesome. It's not about the silly beat or the melody, it's about the members. .love.  And it's good to have a change of pace with the band you love. As I mentioned earlier somewhere, I really hoped this would be a parody and not a "serious" dubstep whatever song. It would have been stupid in my opinion to do it as a serious project and change style. But with a parody song? I'm in heaven!

Well I don't understand all the lyrics, only a very small part, and we haven't seen the MV but I would be really shocked if it wasn't a complete parody (silly MV + funny lyrics, etc).

If they don't show a preview of the MV (I doubt it) it's still more than a month to wait to see it :(We need a preview soon seriously!!! .whiteflag.

Back to top Go down

Re: 17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」
Posted Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:45 am

anchiel

anchiel

International Performer
International Performer
Well, I also agree... I like SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE not because of the music (though I like rap), but rather for its hilarity, randomness/craziness and the members are talking about each other. If I'm not wrong, Haru and Mami are describing Tomo, Tomo and Haru are describing Mami, Mami is describing Rina, and Rina is describing Haru.

I'm treating this song just like Dobondobondo no theme, Cherry Jam or Koi no hajimari wa diet. A nice change in their pace and shows how versatile they can be, but does not signify anything of a dramatic change.

And yeah, if this will come from any random band, I won't be able to appreciate it as much as with SCANDAL. So I won't be using this song as one of their "introductory" songs. I'll probably use this as to present another side of SCANDAL (rocker girls that have silly and funny aspects as well).

I'm really excited for both PVs, but we really have to wait. But if I'll be watching a preview, I'll just get more impatient.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:16 am

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
a pv preview is out on yt but its private Sad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USUWwsTJcak

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 10 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:17 am

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
hapihapi wrote:a pv preview is out on yt but its private Sad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USUWwsTJcak
It will be open to the public tomorrow at 12 noon Japan time.

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 10 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:35 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Oh nice!!! Do we have more information about it like how long the preview is? 10 seconds, 20, 50??

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:37 am

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
http://ro69.jp/news/detail/88367?rtw

All the information is there on the site (provided you can read Japanese or read Kanji or Chinese Tongue). Its a stingy 30 second preview =_= Epic fail by Epic records.

Last edited by bleachnlife on Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 10 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:48 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Sadly no I can't at that level! but i'm learning slowly .hail. 

Well 30 seconds preview sounds great, thank you for posting the information .love. I was a bit worried they would tease us with a 10 seconds preview, that would have been painful, way too short but 30 seconds is ok!

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:00 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
30 seconds isn't abnormally short or anything; that's about how long most song previews usually are.

And it's live now:

How to bypass: https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t7927-solution-for-video-not-available-in-your-country

Edit: The lyrics for both songs are now up, surprisingly. I'll try to translate them soon, or at least "OVER DRIVE" soon.

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:14 am; edited 1 time in total

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 10 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:49 am

raynsity

raynsity

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
For visuals, the PV is definitely cool but unfortunately it doesn't fit the song. It's funny that you could hear an acoustic banjo on the background but the PV is so full of electrical elements in it. .evilgrin.   I doubt the full PV would give anything different but we will need to wait for that.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:01 am

Reachie

Reachie

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

So if anyone doesn't wanna do the bypass thing, I uploaded it to MF.
They've supported video streaming for a while now.

WATCH

Or

Download: FLV , MP4

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 10 TqohPfv
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:18 am

owmxxks

owmxxks

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Reachie wrote:So if anyone doesn't wanna do the bypass thing, I uploaded it to MF.
They've supported video streaming for a while now.

WATCH

Or

Download: FLV , MP4
Thank you for so much re-uploading! Proxy servers are a hoop that's just a pain in the neck for me to jump through sometimes.

And as for the PV, it really looks nothing like how I imagined it would be, but it still seems pretty cool in it's own right. Looking forward to the eventual release of the full PV soon Onion Smile

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:32 am

baymon

baymon

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Thanks for uploading the PV. It looks cool, but I'm not a fan of those red one-piece uniform they are wearing, I prefer if they each wear different things according to their style.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:46 am

avanpiper

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://ritsunohaven.wordpress.com/
hi everybody, been lurking this forum for quite a while.
Anyways, really love this song, OVERDRIVE. The PV looks fine though the electric effects can be bit distracting from time to time. Can't wait however for them to perform this at tonight's MSta.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:30 am

dunrite321

dunrite321

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Hmm...  I don't think the PV really fits with the song.  Still love the song, though.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:53 am

winchesterkami

winchesterkami

International Performer
International Performer
Thanks for the upload

The preview is so gooood .wow. 

Can't wait for the full version

Them music will create a spatio-temporal vortex .omg. 

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 10 1eyORBM
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:06 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
c/c from my post in the other thread about the PV :

It's definitely not like the Awanai/Kagen PV on the visual aspect. Not really sure what to think about it, I think what confuses me is that they show the "material" and not just the stage? It looks messy for no good reason? Well maybe there is a reason, a story.

And not sure if we will only see this stage (like Awanai) or other places too (like Kagen). I feel that I don't want a PV like Awanai where you just see the stage and zoom-ins/zoom-outs, also because the song is over 5 minutes so that would be a bit of a "boring" PV if they only show the stage.

Well... even if it's like that it still looks good, i'm just really trying to see the glass half-empty =P The outfits are very special for once and the whole "spaceship-weird-thing and lightning" is nice.

Can't remember what they showed in the Kagen preview, if they showed the different places too or just the "stage".

Anyway, can't wait to see the full version! Do we have a release date for the PV? The effects will be sexy in 1080p xD

Also, welcome avanpiper .happy.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:50 pm

meow-chan

meow-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
all i can remember in the kagen preview is the red lipstick of rina..haha anyway i'm having a last beat syndrome with this single..ow ow ow ow!haha can't wait for the release.. =)

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:30 pm

babaloued

babaloued

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

OVER DRIVE broadcasted on Music Station

SCANDAL live 

2012.07.16 - バンドやろうよ!vol.3
2012.08.21 - Canal City Hakata
2014.06.28/29 - ARENA FESTIVAL DAY 1&2

2014.08.05 - RIJF 2014
2015.04.25/26/30 - HW TOUR 2015
2015.10.21 - TIMM
2016.09.10/17/20/21/24/25 - YELLOW in EUROPE 2016
Live! 
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:49 pm

spin_along

spin_along

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'm loving the preview and their outfits .wow. 
They look really cool wearing these things lol

and the MUSIC STATION appearance is really cool too

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:33 pm

owmxxks

owmxxks

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
babaloued wrote:OVER DRIVE broadcasted on Music Station

Loved it! And Rina finally had a part to sing too! Happy Onion
The harmonies were really interesting in this live, can't wait to hear the full song soon!

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:51 pm

winchesterkami

winchesterkami

International Performer
International Performer
Thanks for the link

Can't wait the release of single

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 10 1eyORBM
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:19 pm

Liokt

Liokt

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.last.fm/user/Liokt
Man, I'm dying while waiting for this PV... I think I've never been so anxious for the release of one of their PV. Well, I've been really anxious for "Yume Miru Tsubasa" and "HARUKAZE", but not like I'm now. I'm hoping that will be awesome. In fact I'm already thinking that "OVER DRIVE" might be one of their best singles.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:12 pm

Rank57

Rank57

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I'm not digging the visuals as a whole with this new single. The song is good, but the outfits are kinda weird, and I like PVs with a story, or at least fun scenes. I didn't like their last PVs, with just them performing, hope there's something else to OVER DRIVE's.

And the CD's cover. That drawing is... uh... Facepalm

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:39 am

avanpiper

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://ritsunohaven.wordpress.com/
to be honest, I wanted to get this single for OVERDRIVE but the cover really kind of turned me off. It'd be nice if it's a picture of the members and not a cartoon illustration and not to mention, they're kind of naked too. Either way, can't wait to see the full PV.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:31 am

kakotov

kakotov

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
https://www.instagram.com/kakotov/
avanpiper wrote:to be honest, I wanted to get this single for OVERDRIVE but the cover really kind of turned me off. It'd be nice if it's a picture of the members and not a cartoon illustration and not to mention, they're kind of naked too. Either way, can't wait to see the full PV.
for me it was the opposite

not thinking of buying this single,
that although the song seems good its b-side I do not like 
was willing to buy only the album that comes about 10 days after

but I found it so funny cover .lol. 
I could not contain myself and I was forced to buy

Almond Crush Team  .love.
@kakotov
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum: