Go down

Re: 19th Single - 「Yoake no Ryuuseigun」
Posted Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:08 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Oricon 07.24: #19! http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/2014-07-24/more/3/

It's going up instead of down hehe! Happy So far this week it got 6-29-25-19 (Departure for reference made 15-22-21-18, Runners high made 6-28-26-27). So going up is not too weird but gaining 10 places like that is very nice. Let's see if this is the movie effect or just normal random business ^^

I watched the 2 documentaries from the bonus DVD and it was amazing  .love. 

The first one was so great when we just followed them around and can hear the songs played a little. Too many things so won't go into detail xD Many cute and fun moments like MAMI's melon, TIMOxMAMI driving (!), the zoo, the BBQ, etc. Was not a surprise since they shared pics on their blog about it but it was really nice to see a video of it!

The second docu about Your Song was much better than I expected it to be, you basically see the song being born and get to be there during their process and how they play it instrumental the first time! Was cool but of course without subs you lose a lot since you don't understand exactly what they say Sad (shut up HRMT and go learn Japanese!.... Hai Hai  .sweat. )

But oh well maybe one day we will get subs for it (just hire TGE SCA-chan and let her add the subs on the DVDs xD).

I have to admit at the very beginning I was really wishing they simply filmed their concerts so we could get "new songs" on video... but the docus were really great! It's just so nice to see and "be with" SCANDAL like that. Obviously it's not their private life but it's the private life of the band, no interviews with normal questions or things like that, just SCANDAL being SCANDAL ^_^

Oricon daily ranks:

07.25 #19: http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/2014-07-25/more/3/
07.26 #13: http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/2014-07-26/more/3/

It's going up again!  .clap. It happened sometimes with old songs but since 2012 it's not that frequent. Here are the datas for the daily ranks on 2nd week from HARUKAZE to Yoake:

6-23-26-26-28-x-26 (HARUKAZE)
4-22-25-14-20-23-28
16-38-48-x-48-x-x
7-34-34-32-30-31-32
9-36-35-34-35-33-39  (Kagen)
15-31-32-35-36-31-35
6-28-26-27-22-23-22
15-22-21-18-23-19-19
6-29-25-19-19-13-x (Yoake)

The Pokémon effect? +16 since the week release day (29 to 13) is not something that happened in the recent past at all, it's usually only a few places up and down nothing more!

Last edited by HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo on Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:54 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : adding more oricon daily ranks)

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:42 pm

MamiXHaruna

MamiXHaruna

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I wonder what is the total sales so far? It seems like the sales is steadily doing good despite that it was release two weeks ago.

I hope it can beat the record of awanai... .happy.

19th Single - 「Yoake no Ryuuseigun」 - Page 15 Meme_111
No cookies are safe from Tomo! I better guard mine! .hmmm. 
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:06 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Well MamiXHaruna, so far we only know the first week total sale (32.013), we need to wait for the second week numbers as they don't reveal the daily numbers.

Unless something strange and bad happens I guess they will sell between 3.000 and 4.000 copies more in second week which would beat the 35.000/36.000 mark. But let's a few days more to have the official numbers, you never know what can happen ^^

I hope it can beat some records too  >c<

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:22 pm

Crei

Crei

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
so happy the single is hitting the charts. and I hope my purchase counts. (cdjapan)

*here is praying for more sales*

Ame no uzume grant us your power..

19th Single - 「Yoake no Ryuuseigun」 - Page 15 VbIpsX2
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:44 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
28.07 daily rank: #13 http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/2014-07-28/more/3/

But more importantly... http://www.generasia.com/wiki/Yoake_no_Ryuuseigun

2nd week sales : 5.036 !! (2nd week ranking: #20)
Total sales: 37.049

That's really great! 5.036 for a second week is their 3rd best score ever! Departure just got the 3rd place with 4.573 copies and is already beaten hehe. Only Shoujo S(6.022 copies) and Shunkan (5.066) did better than Yoake on a second week.

So it seems that it's a good single but surely the movie is helping! They were nowhere near the 5k mark for a second week since Shunkan (first quarter of 2010!) and now they get it again. Of course very recently Departure and Runners high also did great scores for a second week (4.454 & 4.573) but 500 copies more is important. And this is not because the first week wasn't good, the first week for Yoake was their second best score ever (32.013) so this single is very strong. It looks like they will beat Awanai!  .clap. 

Currently with 37.049 it's already their 5th best sale ever but the other singles are at the 39k and 40k mark. So it's actually very close and unless the sales drop A LOT, I think Yoake can really become the #1 in 2-3 weeks!  .uhuh. Next week it should already be very close to the 39k mark (the 2 last singles got 2.056 & 1.812 sales on third week) Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:20 pm

Rank57

Rank57

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Good thing for SCANDAL that Yoake is selling well, but I worry a little bit because, as I stated back then, in my opinion, this is their weakest single since OVER DRIVE. It's also a song not composed by them, so this success may inhibit the girls as composers, not by their own will, but the management may hire more and more composers to make more commercial songs.

This scenario may be a strech from reality, but it's something I don't want to see happening to SCANDAL, specially seeing how most of their best songs recently are made entirely by them, including DEPARTURE, that had good sales.

Well, but the obvious point here is that all their best selling singles were involved with popular animes, and having in mind that STARDARD had most, if not all (I don't remember precisely, sorry) of its songs composed by SCANDAL, I guess by the end of the year, we will be hearing a lot more songs made by them.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:39 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
I think you worry for nothing to be honest and not sure why you seem so concerned =O

but I worry a little bit because, as I stated back then, in my opinion, this is their weakest single since OVER DRIVE

Well as you say this is your opinion, I am pretty sure many fans would disagree with you. Why being worried? It's impossible for a band to only make songs that you will love equally, of course you will love some songs more Happy

It's also a song not composed by them, so this success may inhibit the girls as composers, not by their own will, but the management may hire more and more composers to make more commercial songs.

This scenario may be a strech from reality, but it's something I don't want to see happening to SCANDAL, specially seeing how most of their best songs recently are made entirely by them, including DEPARTURE, that had good sales.

Really? How can you be worried about this when Departure their latest single is their second best selling single and has only songs composed by SCANDAL. Are you really worried that because of Yoake now suddenly their company will forget Departure and tell them not to do any more songs by their own?!

Also you shouldn't forget that SCANDAL doing "full SCANDAL songs" (music + lyrics) is not a rule, it's something very new and that didn't happen a lot at all in their discography. Why would you suddenly expect them to do only songs like that? Of course they will still do songs like they did in the past.

Everyone has an opinion but to be worried about this is a bit strange to me sorry .sweat. I can't see any reason at all to be worried after such good sales and with what we know about them  .uhuh. 

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:12 pm

Rank57

Rank57

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
It's more of a desire than a concern, if I stop to think about it. I'm really happy to see and hear that SCANDAL is capable of making great songs by themselves, and while it's normal to like some songs and dislike some others just like you said, it is also some coincidences to think about we have here, that Yoake is not composed by them, and is tied with an immensely successful franchise.

It's just like most of "serious" rock bands compose their own music, and I wish to see a SCANDAL that creates SCANDAL songs. I'm not saying they were doing a bad job so far with songs composed by others, but recently, most of their great songs were created by the girls themselves, they have grown as people and as musicians, and have shown that they are more than capable of handling their music making by themselves.

That's why - again, in my opinion - Yoake is not bad, but feels like taking some steps back to when SCANDAL debuted, instead of going foward and evolving as full-fledged musicians, like they did with STANDARD and DEPARTURE. More than a concern, this is the type of SCANDAL I want to see and hear, that's all.

Sorry if I didn't express myself properly, I just want SCANDAL to be the best possible, as we know they are capaple of pulling off. Yoake may be selling well, probably thanks to the Pokemon movie tie-in, but people like us, who have been following their work for some time now, know that now, they are ready and better than anyone else at creating songs that reflect their style and personality.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:02 pm

Crei

Crei

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
^ relax

SCANDAL having a tie-in with Pokemon is amazing in itself. it's a once in a lifetime opportunity for them and us. even if they did not compose the song themselves I'm sure the girls are happy that they are chosen to sing it. the exposure will help make more fans. in turn will motivate SCANDAL more to work harder.

I agree with you in regards of they're recent songs. its kinda not Rock enough like lets say Shunkan Sentimental or DOLL. don't get me wrong they are good. but the rocker in me also want some new energetic rock and roll from SCANDAL.

But when you consider HARUNA. her voice is not the same as in 2008-2010 to early 2011(when she was voted in the top 10 in Japan's most well liked vocals). she cannot hit the right vocal range in certain songs(Shunkan/Aitai) in lives as she is right now. look at Temptation Box Tour in Zepp and compare it to 2013 OJH. its almost sad to watch and compare them. in the recent YokoAri they've improved at performing live and made the smart move to avoid certain songs.

my point is maybe they take this into consideration and compose songs on HARUNA's current vocal capabilities. Awanai is a glaring example. therefore resulting in those kind of songs.

NOTE: i said Haru's vocal at lives. she can reach those deep notes(kinda) on a studio environment with proper preparation beforehand.

Correct me if I'm wrong. this is just the way i see it. 

Having said all that. my love for them is not wavering a single bit. because they rock! :D

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:15 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
@Rank57: Ah the "they are not a serious band if they don't compose their music" thingy...  .ehem. 

I guess I see what your opinion seems to be but to be honest I disagree with you and prefer to look at the bright side, you focus on the negative side and expect them to change too fast or into something they are not.

SCANDAL is on fire since the last weeks and now it even seems Yoake could beat their record but I guess that's enough to please anyone ^^ Well each fan is different and has the right to be but I was surely not expecting to see a post like yours after the weekly numbers xD

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:20 pm

Rank57

Rank57

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
@Crei

I agree with you, more exposure is aways great. Although, what I'm trying to say is that SCANDAL could get that exposure with a better song, a song that represents what they are now, musicians who grew to be capable of creating their own songs, which are great. They sure had awesome songs since their beginning - heck, Space Ranger and DOLL are some of my favorites to this date - but I think they improved since those days, and Yoake feels like a B side from an early SCANDAL. About the lack of rocker songs, I came to realize that, yes, while SCANDAL is a rock band, they are perfectly fine where they are, between that line that divides pop and rock. Again, I loved everything about DEPARTURE, yet it's still far from being something like Shunkan or every other of their rock songs. And if Haruna's voice isn't the same anymore, even more reason for them to compose songs that fit with their vocalist's current capabilities, no? Someone "from the outside" doesn't know SCANDAL as they know themselves.

@HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

I'm not expecting them to change, they already changed themselves! Just compare how many of their songs were composed by themselves in their early albums, and how many in STANDARD. They ARE evolving as a band, and are already making more and more of their own songs, to the point I think it's a matter of time before no one other than the girls themselves will touch their songs. And before someone comes with things from the past, yes, I do know that there are lots and lots of their best songs that are not composed by them, but I'm talking about the SCANDAL of today, the SCANDAL capable of producing STANDARD and DEPARTURE, not the SCANDAL of the DOLL days. It's not like no one can make a nice SCANDAL song anymore other than the girls, it's just that they can create something better than Yoake themselves, and they did even in this single, as Your Song, while not that original, at least will be a blast to hear during a live.

And you say SCANDAL is "on fire" because they are selling well. I'm not questioning their sales, all I'm doing is voicing my opinion - again, my opinion, no absolute truth - about the song itself. I became a SCANDAL fan because I love their songs, not because they sell well. If all we did was to compare numbers, SCANDAL HEAVEN wouldn't exist and instead we would be commenting in an AKB48 HEAVEN or something like that. As a fan, I'm happy to see they are selling well, but sales don't affect me, what does though, is only if I like the song or not. There are plenty of artists that sell millions that I dislike, and a lot of artists that barely sell anything, and yet produce awesome songs. Sales don't indicate the quality of a song, never did, never will. Also, the "quality" of a song varies from person to person, before we enter in that territory.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:30 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Good discussion, guys, but, in case you've forgotten, this topic that you're in is the thread about the Yoake no Ryuuseigun single and your main point of discussion is starting to stray from the intended one. If you wish to continue this conversation any further, you will need to take it somewhere else better suited for it.

19th Single - 「Yoake no Ryuuseigun」 - Page 15 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:34 pm

Yokino_Punk

Yokino_Punk

Caless Student
Caless Student
19th single is certainly better for Departure. The songs can be heard happy, naive melodic, and an additional reference to pokemon makes very possitive energy. 

Uncritically "Your Song" is the best song of single for me. Lyrics, and music are like from american california. Fantasic!

Although I was amused when I heard "Pokemon Ieru Kana?". Lyrics is so simply that I think it's awesome xD 

I wait for another single. Scandal still holds great form!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:26 pm

raikiri92

raikiri92

Caless Student
Caless Student
I prefer Departure, but anyway this is also a good song. Hope it and the pkm movie will succeed.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:05 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Talking about the Pokémon movie, on second week it dropped to #3 but still it's good I think. http://www.tokyohive.com/article/2014/07/japan-box-office-report-7-267-27

It will probably stay up there in the top 3-4 for some weeks Happy

As for the single, the third week daily rankings we know so far: 13-44-38-34-34-x-x

Doesn't really mean anything but at least it's still ranking ^^ Need to wait for the sale numbers in a few days but just to compare the 3rd week rankings here are their previous singles 3rd weeks results since Awanai:

25-42-48-x-43-48-45 (Awanai)
32-x-x-x-x-45-x
22-27-41-x-x-x-x
19-x-x-49-47-47-47
20-25-27-33-22-33-26 (Departure)

Departure did very well for a third week (sold 1.812 copies) so we will see about Yoake   Nice one

Last edited by HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo on Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added another daily ranking)

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:37 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
New weekly sales numbers are in it seems ^_^

Week#3: 2.053 sales (weekly rank = 40)
Total sales: 39.102

2.053 in week #3 is only their 5th best score, 4 singles did better than that in the past so the Pokémon effect might not be that strong after all  .wew. 

It's their #4 best selling single right now or 3rd if you don't count Runners as an official normal single.

Here is the list:

1. Awanai = 40.639
2. Departure = 39.861
3. Runners = 39.563
4. Yoake = 39.102
5. Taiyou = 39.033
6. Kagen = 34.712

It is probably going to beat Runners high next week and maybe Departure or at least get very close.

Since Awanai in early 2013, their singles in the 4th week sold between 680 and 1152 copies (OVERDRIVE is not counted, it's a special case, sold only 248). So there is even a good chance it could beat Departure if it sells 760 copies. Awanai is still a bit far away, need to sell 1537 copies more but it could be done in week #5 or #6 maybe!  Nice one

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:33 pm

Joshua10red

Joshua10red

International Performer
International Performer
weekly rank 40??????
sorry but i don`t understand.....how could be the weekly rank  40?
 cause all days rank were....
 13-44-38-34-34-29-24..........
and (13+44+38+34+34+29+24)/7=30.8  .hmmm. 
or they calculate the weekly rank in other way?

anyway in 04.aug the single was on #25
http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/2014-08-04/more/4/

and in Japan Hot 100 is on #14
http://www.billboard.com/charts/japan-hot-100?page=1

Last edited by Joshua10red on Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:42 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : adding something)

19th Single - 「Yoake no Ryuuseigun」 - Page 15 JeAv1Q8
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:45 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
The weekly rank is obtained by the number of copies you sell.

It means that in this week they are #40, 39 bands sold more CDs than SCANDAL. But this is just the Oricon stats of course.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:51 pm

Crei

Crei

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Checked on this thread again because i can't stop playing (our)Your Song.. its on loop for a while now.. might as well convert it to mp3.. the CD might break.. ain't nobody got time for that. lol

anyway.. thanks for the list HRMT.. the difference is mere hundreds.. :O

Awanai is pretty much untouchable.. the way i see it.

keep buying them CDs people.. go SCANDAL!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:14 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Depending on next week's result, Yoake could beat Awanai on the long run. And if it's not the case they can surely continue to build their fan base and grow even more for the future singles Happy

Last edited by HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo on Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misread a post^^)

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:21 am

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:It's their #4 best selling single right now or 3rd if you don't count Runners as an official normal single.
well you should not count runners high as official single release from scandal since oricon doesn't neither lol. split singles is indeed a different category as minialbums are counted differently from ordinary full lenght album!

with some more weeks (1 or 2?) it might beat departure, I have faith for this release  Nice one

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:18 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Yeah I know, it's counted as split single officially (that's why I said "normal" =P) but I have a hard time not counting it with such good sales ^^

Of course it would have probably sold less without the TMR fans but this is something that is hard or even impossible to really count. But if you look at Kagen or Awanai in 2013, Runners is not a "miracle" sell with some weird and very high sale stats, it looks just normal in their discography so I guess that's why I don't see too much problem too include it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:31 am

schiapcom

schiapcom

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
i received Yoake Limited B Yesterday,i make a little video on Ytube but it was banned  .shy. ,really i dont understand why,because my video on Departure cd is still ok on my little yt channel.
By the way Yoake is a very good packaging im very happy,the colours and the quality is very good as Always.
The Dvd is very interested,pratically is a making of 'Your Song',running time 22 min.
Definitly love it,i suggest to buy it to all.

Unfortunatly Visit my little Youtube channel dedicated to SCANDAL is closed after 2 years,i wish to thanks all for the support.
Please Follow my new little YTube channel dedicated to SCANDAL ! :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvp3QIOGIRc
Mio articolo in italiano sul blog di Desideri D'Oriente (Italian)
http://fabcollection.blogspot.it/2014/07/jmusic-le-scandal.html#more

SCANDAL simply the best band of the planet !
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:53 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Both docus are really great and any SCANDAL fan should get them it's worth it  Nice one About your YT problem who knows... Probably an automatic system. copyrights and all that... it's retarted anyway the way they handle it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

About the daily ranks for Yoake, the last 3 we have on Generasia are #77, #68 and #66. But this is the first time I see ranks outside the top 50 :/ Is this new, does Oricon now list the top 100 instead of the top 50? Or did no one bother adding the ranks outside the top 50 before?

Because I checked the old singles and not one has a rank outside top 50 ^^ It's only 1-50. For example on the 4th week Awanai is : 45-x-x-x-36-27-x. If they have a top 100 it would be really weird in that example to be #45 then go outside the top 100 3 days then suddenly be #36 again.

So I'm not sure what is going on. Are these ranks true or are the old information we have on the other singles simply incomplete?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:08 am

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:About the daily ranks for Yoake, the last 3 we have on Generasia are #77, #68 and #66. But this is the first time I see ranks outside the top 50 :/ Is this new, does Oricon now list the top 100 instead of the top 50? Or did no one bother adding the ranks outside the top 50 before?

They list Top 100 daily since.... since... November 2002, maybe, but you have to pay for them. (1026¥/month)

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:So I'm not sure what is going on. Are these ranks true or are the old information we have on the other singles simply incomplete?

Yeah, they're most likely incomplete, but (at least for me) daily rankings aren't that important (for instance I can't dig up any info on Takimi's monthly ranking, now that would be much more important - for me :D)

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.