Posted Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:39 am

fredrickfx

fredrickfx

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)

Alright guys, I spent all day writing this post and tried to recount everything I experienced in as much detail as I could so that you could feel like you were in my shoes during the trip. In addition to mine, I've also used pictures from:

Rachel: Picture 20 and 24
Jade: Picture 2
Eddie: Picture 6 and 22
Yuyan: Picture 25
Mark: Picture 26
Carlton: Picture 17
SCANDAL: Picture 10 and 16
Sam: Picture 12

This entry is almost forty five paragraphs long so if you're up for the full Hawaii experience, enjoy!

Spoiler:

Last edited by fredrickfx on Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total

SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories - Page 2 Ban10
またねとおおきくてをふって、さよならじゃないことたしかめた。
Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories
Posted Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:46 am

fredrickfx

fredrickfx

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

My post was too long so it will be continued in this one, haha. If you've read the entire first part, kudos to you! You and everyone else who finishes this will be the reason all the time I spent writing this won't be in vain, thank you. ^^

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:59 am

IndoLegend

IndoLegend

Caless Student
Caless Student
^That was a touching story. I actually read every words of it despite being there lol. It took awhile, but I enjoy reading it while reminiscing of what happened. I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like playing VN the more I read account stories. It's like there's a main story where we hang out on Friday, Expo on Sat, Concert on Sun, and Live concert on Monday. There's also individuals' story where you guys go on separate ways into smaller group for a little bit. Each version has their own routes and endings. Keep it coming guys. I'm looking forward to read everyone's story. =D

SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories - Page 2 44e80685-46e4-4cb0-ab4f-e2d4eb9f2cc8_zps21dca262
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:23 pm

Crei

Crei

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@fredrikfx thanks for relaying your experience to us unfortunates who can only dream of doing what u guys just did. haha xD

I've read it all and enjoyed it. even tho I don't know who's who. I was like OK >_>

anyway.. too much MAMI and TOMO fans. where are the HARU fans!? D:

and RINA too ._.

SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories - Page 2 VbIpsX2
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:19 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
@fredrikfx  .omg.  did you just write a book about it lol =P

Thanks for that huge story for us, I couldn't read it completely yet but will do it later!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:34 pm

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@alviners

Hey man I'm a pretty hardcore Rina fan and I totally repped her as much as I could as told in my story!

@Indolegend

LOL this guy, visual novel HAHAHHA! That's so perfect. Yeah I just finished reading Fred's story and it really was like a VN, comparing it to my own "timeline". We all have our very different and very similar encounters that only reading each of our side can experience.

@frederickx

Very nice write up man. Merging our stories together really brings out the full experience of the craziness and paradise that was of the days May 30 - June 2 2014 in Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii. Several interesting little things:

-You totally remembered the last question in the fan meeting Q&A that I missed (and you didn't remember all the other questions and answers that I did lol. Time to read my story ;p)! Rejoice! Now allow me to complete it that I remember what you're talking about:

Haru's fear of birds: A japanese fan asked Haruna why she was afraid of tori (birds)! The translation was very fuzzy, but it was something like when she was little when she went to some place she dreaded and there were birds there so from then on she would always dread birds for whatever reason. The members commented how they would intentionally leave Haruna alone with a flock of birds during the trip to Hawaii which was hilarious.

-I'm a Rina fan, and yes my cheers for her were totally drowned out by the raucous Mami and Tomo fans...sigh.
-During the rehearsal/sound test SCANDAL also played a little bit of SCANDAL BABY (only instrumental)

Haha it's so interesting piecing everything together from the stories coming in, especiallly with my own! For others who haven't attended, you must read everything together as well!

SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories - Page 2 61185
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:44 pm

macrx78

macrx78

Caless Student
Caless Student
@fredrikfx oh man everyone's personal entries are bringing back soooooo many feels. I got lil tears forming lol. This trip was seriously worth every penny spent. I'd sell my 1973 Gibson again and again for this experience each time. I met so many great people from SH and SM and of course SCANDAL! It was magical how SCANDAL united so many people with various backgrounds. I feel you on Departure man such a powerful and fitting performance from the girls. 

I did start the Happy Birthday singing for Tomomi! I remember well because I was the only one singing for the first 3-4 seconds even after I asked you and a few others to help me out prior to the singing. You left me hangin for a bit Fred! It was embarrassing at first but totally worth it in the end.

@alviners999 I AM A HARUNA FAN!!! although not gonna lie. Tomomi is my second favorite but after this fan tour meeting she is creepin in into my number 1 spot.

P.S. Does anyone know the name of the crazy Japanese dude that lifted Eisuke? I forgot it! All I remember was that he was a Haruna fan lol. I want to be next to him at a SCANDAL concert in Japan!

Also if anyone hasn't done so yet I plan on having a translation of the interview at the private fan tour meeting posted later tonight. 

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:53 pm

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
macrx78 wrote:@fredrikfx oh man everyone's personal entries are bringing back soooooo many feels. I got lil tears forming lol. This trip was seriously worth every penny spent. I'd sell my 1973 Gibson again and again for this experience each time. I met so many great people from SH and SM and of course SCANDAL! It was magical how SCANDAL united so many people with various backgrounds. I feel you on Departure man such a powerful and fitting performance from the girls. 

I did start the Happy Birthday singing for Tomomi! I remember well because I was the only one singing for the first 3-4 seconds even after I asked you and a few others to help me out prior to the singing. You left me hangin for a bit Fred! It was embarrassing at first but totally worth it in the end.

@alviners999 I AM A HARUNA FAN!!! although not gonna lie. Tomomi is my second favorite but after this fan tour meeting she is creepin in into my number 1 spot.

P.S. Does anyone know the name of the crazy Japanese dude that lifted Eisuke? I forgot it! All I remember was that he was a Haruna fan lol. I want to be next to him at a SCANDAL concert in Japan!

Also if anyone hasn't done so yet I plan on having a translation of the interview at the private fan tour meeting posted later tonight. 

His name is Yuki, he bought us breakfast the next day after that crazy night LOL. 

I am currently writing my memories but the videos in YT take so damn long to edit WTF

SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories - Page 2 Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:59 pm

macrx78

macrx78

Caless Student
Caless Student
Sweet thanks Noodles! I shall hunt him down in Line.
Haha if I recall correctly you really hit it off with the Scandal Mania fans. So much so that Yuyan gave you his string bag! And now breakfast covered by Yuki? You sir are a great ambassador of SH lol

Last edited by macrx78 on Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:59 pm

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
macrx78 wrote:

Lol Haruna just became my #1b (#1a is still Rina Wink ) after this. She just looks so cute and happy in the private meeting and she kept looking my way during the game  LOVE. When she was commenting on the game and how great we all were and how much the members were taken back and how much they enjoyed our participation, she was smiling SO HARD!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:13 pm

macrx78

macrx78

Caless Student
Caless Student
@Kaitanuva It sooo hard to remain faithful! Tomomi and I had so much eye contact! And the accounts of her being cute in person was true! Like x100 true. From her tripping and catching herself in adorable fashion at the press conference to the Fan Tour Meat and Greet when she reacted to the game answers  in a cute voice with "えええええええ!?" (Whaaaaat?)  after repeatedly saying "Oyogu" and being told wrong! hehe that was my fault though sorry guys. 
  .please.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:15 pm

fredrickfx

fredrickfx

Caless Student
Caless Student
@IndoLegend: It's kind of reminding me of movies like Crash, haha. But yeah man! Can't wait to read everyone else's stories and weave them together into one giant one. Together, we can recall all the missing details! Speaking of which..

@kaitanuva: Thank you for the added information! I'm starting to remember the Haru's answer a little more now and I'm 73% sure that the place was some sort of shrine. Anyhow, there's also a picture of a bird in Rina's blog. I wonder if Haru ran away from it, lmao.

@macrx78: My bad! I know I did, it was a late reaction but I was one of the first to join you if that's any constellation! And yeah, Tomo got so many plus points with me during the trip too. We're forever in her debt for winning us those autographed bumper stickers!

Thank you everyone who took the time to read or partially read my post! I know it's long but believe it or not, I tried to condense it as much as possible, haha.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:28 pm

IndoLegend

IndoLegend

Caless Student
Caless Student
Oh yeah, for people who's confuse on who's who.. there's a reference on this page.
https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t10104p140-scandal-fan-meeting-tour-in-hawaii
Although, instead of my nick Arman. i went with my real name Arif during the meetups with SH members.

SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories - Page 2 44e80685-46e4-4cb0-ab4f-e2d4eb9f2cc8_zps21dca262
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:17 pm

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
it's really sweet to see that international fans and local fans of the girls have bonded and had a good time together Happy
it's like the best of both worlds ahaha xD

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories - Page 2 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:01 am

waning_moon

waning_moon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I read the entire write-up Fred! As if I could stop once I started aha. Really captured everything - seemed like you were at about every stop in Hawaii! You made me remember just about every moment and man, I regret missing out on everything else! I really enjoyed reading every word of it ^^ Hopefully, there will be a time when I am actually of age and join you guys for a drink (and try out some of those.. flavoured beers)! 

AHA yes Yuki, man he was awesome xD He was always shouting out for a Haruna cheer or song but there weren't enough Haru fans to join him :p 

I look forward to reading everyone else's entries, too! 

@macryx78 I understood the gist of their answers based off of anime knowledge and logic but wahhh translations would be so awesome T^T Please do! And I agree, Tomomi will always be a bias wrecker... I don't think she's even second place for me anymore. Timo's in first alongside Mami :3 (Haru and Rina tied in second)

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:25 am

syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@fredrickfx. Thank you so much for that writeup. It was really fun to read those whole 45 paragraphs. And cheers for running that marathon! I would've liked, literally died if I went in that ekiden and had to run with no training at all. Really awesome writeup, man. It totally made me feel like I was there. Happy

Oh someone finally asked a question regarding Haruna's phobia of birds, haha. I was waiting for someone to bring it up and here it is. I remember Tomomi mentioning something about her fear of birds in a blogpost lol. Can't wait for the response to the interview questions.

All the recounts and writeups people've been writing are really awesome! Keep 'em coming~

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:58 am

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

Okay here goes my "blog post", I will try to talk about the things that happened to me in general.

Spoiler:

Okay I think thats pretty much it, I'm not very good at writing and if I didnt put something that happened is probably because I was shocked/tired but you can be sure I remember!

Last edited by Noodles on Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories - Page 2 Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:05 am

macrx78

macrx78

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)

As promised here are all the photos of the Fan Tour!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124449427@N07/sets/72157644662565140/
(Check out the photos of SCANDAL cheering on our fellow SH runners! They seemed to really have a blast supporting our runners!)

Problem with being the photographer is that you capture all the great moments but are evidently left out of most of them. 
 CANTA Depressed 

Also here are the translations for the Fan Tour Meeting Q&A session. Translation is not exactly spot on but I'd say it's fairly close. I also checked with my second mother (She's native Japanese) who told me I was pretty much right. If anyone catches something wrong please let me know so I can edit.

Question 1: "At what age do you girls plan on getting married?"

Rina: We plan on getting married but eventually someday we'll get married. Maybe next year we'll actually think about it.
Mami: I hope to have a family and kids someday so I can bring them to our concerts together. 
Rina/Haruna/Tomomi?: You are gonna make them (Mami's kids) listen to us right?
SCANDAL: (All laugh) just kidding. 
Mami: But right now we need to focus on the band. 
Someone in the crowd: We have a married couple on their honey moon! 
SCANDAL: woaaaaaah so jealous! That's amazing! Forever happiness! That's very good isn't it?

Question 2: "Any chance for a world Tour Soon?"
Tomomi/Rina?: There will be! We want to! But before we do we need to go back to Japan and practice in Japan first so that way we'll do our best in the world tour. 

Question 3: "Haruna you are always running away from birds please tell us why you hate birds?"

Haruna: In Japan doves will probably fly away when you go near them but here in Hawaii the birds just stay or come closer to you! So I have to hide behind the other members or cars. For me it probably all started when I was little. There was a lot of doves at a local shrine when a friend of mine pulled my hand against my own will and we ran into the flock of doves. The swarm of birds flying up all at once really scared me!
Rina: There was also a guy here feeding the birds bread too so that didn't help in making them go away. 

Question 4: Which one do you like the most? Snow and mountain or the beach?

Mami: Mountain! ummm I like the feeling/aura of the mountain for its natural environment and the scenery.
Tomomi: Beach! I don't even know why I like it.... ummm well its scenery is very pretty with the water and you can also swim in the water.
Haruna: Beach! I love the beach during the summer because the beach is so full of life and the waves also make it feel so alive compared to snow.
Rina: Beach! Because you can swim and the scenery is beautiful.

Last edited by macrx78 on Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:05 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:59 am

IndoLegend

IndoLegend

Caless Student
Caless Student
Dayum Marc(k?)!! You're the man!! The picture of the Girls' expression when they saw Erich wearing canta.. PRICELESS!! I thought I wouldn't be able to see it since I was still asleep that morning  .toj. 

Looking at them again, we really had a blast. You captured a lot of amazing pictures. Even though you weren't in most of the pics, I'm sure a lot members of SH including myself is thankful that you've became our eyes, a witness to miracles (Corny much? lol)

On the 1st question, seems like Mami was more interested in answering that question than Haru. Even though Haru is a bit older than her.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:44 am

Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I've been away for a few days but I finally have the time to post this now~ Before I do, I want to ask please don't repost the recap OR the photos. What I posted on FB was meant to stay on Facebook only and, unfortunately, was reposted to SH and Tumblr without my permission. Needless to say, I was quite disappointed to find out that people did that even when I publicly said I didn't want them posted anywhere else so please just this time, don’t repost this recap or the pictures unless I give you permission to, okay? =^.^=

Also, most of you who met me in Hawaii might remember me as Allie... You know, shy girl who mainly stayed in the back the entire time. x) Probably not lol.

Honestly, this experience has been one of the best ones I've experienced. I've never done anything like this before and I can't lie, I was terrified going into this. The nerves that set in when the plane was landing in Hawaii were terrible. I am not a very sociable person. I'm very quiet and shy so it's hard to make friends. I guess I can say for that a majority of the first two days, I did feel really uncomfortable. Everyone seemed to know everyone that it felt uncomfortable to be there. But once I was able to put my irrational thoughts behind, I realized how nice everyone was.

Even though I was quiet and didn't talk much, a lot of people put in the effort to get to know me and didn't let that phase them from speaking to me. Everyone there was really nice and really sweet. I know I didn’t make close memories like others did but I still made memories because you all definitely pushed me out of my comfort zone a lot during this trip lol. Everyone taught me a lot on the trip and it was the most fun I had had in so long. It was really nice to see how SCANDAL was able to bring such an array of different people to the same place and help all of us get along. c:

I'm very glad that I got to meet everyone and this is something that I'd definitely do again if SCANDAL comes back to the U.S~ So as cheesy as this intro has probably sounded, thank you to everyone who came to Hawaii~ c: And thank you to SCANDAL for coming of course~ ;3

First, I'll post the picture I took with SCANDAL before getting to the recap:
SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories - Page 2 2l95zma

I’m so awkward in photos

I must warn that the recap is rather long. Definitely not as long as Fredrick's was though lol (which was definitely a good read and brought back lots of memories!). I wrote this in word and it clocked in barely under 7,500 words so there's your warning on the length of it haha. I do hope it's a good read. It has been posted on other websites but this one is edited specifically for SH only. That means no reposting, okay? ;3

The recap was supposed to be here but SH said the post was too long.  .plank. So I guess we'll split the posts~ The recap will be in the next post. ^^

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:50 am

Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Here is the recap! Please don't be too long again lol

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:47 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Finally finished to read all your (long!) stories (and look at all the photos!!), thanks for posting them all  .love. 

It's amazing how you all came together and had such a wonderful trip, all thanks to SCANDAL! SCANDAL but also some fans (TGE but also others?) who had to fight to make it happen for international fans. Hopefully international fans will be included right from the start next time.

Amazes me how basically you all were blown away by them seeing them "for real" even thought you had high expectations, how is it even possible to be that great?! SCANDAL power!

Really happy to read your stories about one of the best moment in your life, thanks again for sharing this  .hail.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:29 pm

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@macrx78 AMAZING photos dude! I loved SCANDAL's reactions to Erich's CANTA cosplay hahaha. Also, you've pretty much immortalized our trip visually (while our stories did so verbally!). Now everyone can pretty much see alot of what we got to see!

@Airi-chan Wow you got the video for their reaction? It would be awesome if you could share it!

And yeah..I do remember introducing myself to you but it was kind of hard afterwards. I did feel kind of bad but now I'm a little bit relieved it's also because you were out of your comfort zone, so pushing the issue probably would not have helped. I hoped our friendliness allowed you to become more comfortable in social situations! Contrary to what you said, alot of us did not know each other at all prior to the fan meeting. All we know is that we all love SCANDAL - just say hi, talk about SCANDAL, and it's all smooth sailing!

Also you're the first to remember the part when Haru said "gohan" to their motivation for going forward. That was funny xD

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:45 pm

Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

@HRMT
SCANDAL does have a lot of power when they perform live. OwO It might have been my first time seeing them but based on how the others who had seen SCANDAL multiple times were talking, it sounds like the effect of their power never wears off~ c:

@kaitanuva
It's funny that you mentioned them because I uploaded them to YouTube this morning aha. I couldn't do it last night when I made the original posts since my Internet was acting up last night, but they're all up are they'll be below in the post. :3

I remember you. Funnily enough, my first memory of you was when I think it was Lale was reading something off of SH and asked who kaitanuva was and you turned around and said 'hi' lol (or something of the sort haha). OwO You guys did make me feel comfortable after a while. It's nothing personal, you know? It's just one of those 'side effects' of being shy to be uncomfortable around strangers at first. ^^ I liked pretty much everyone who was there~ c:

I'm surprised more people didn't remember. xD Everyone seemed to like her answer so much lol. I remember it mainly because it was such a Haruna answer. Tongue The one way to make Haru happy seems to be to give her food. x)

I finally got a good enough Internet connection to get the videos uploaded. All of the videos are only a few seconds long as I was working with my phone that sort of lacked memories from all the photos I had. >v< I thought this thread was the best place to post them~

The videos are of bad quality. They were taken on an iPhone, it was dark, and I'm just a bad cameraperson. owo So they're not like HQ videos or anything but they always make me smile when I watch them, so I hope they'll make you smile as well. c:

Also, you can repost these videos if you want. c:

The first video is basically just when I was messing around with the camera to make sure it worked and ended up deciding to record SCANDAL for a few seconds.

The second video was taken at the start of the Ekiden, just as they were beginning the countdown to the start. You can see the way the girls cheered for the runners (which seemed to just be Rina and Tomomi in the end doing the cheering lol) and you can also see Haruna being cute in the beginning while she tries to take photos. >v<

The last video is the one with the girls' reactions to seeing Canta. They really did love it quite a lot. They were all laughing and Rina probably laughed the hardest. I am sorry for the bit of a shaky camera angle. ^^

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:05 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
It's all good Airi-chan, thanks for the videos  .love.  The last one with CANTA is great with their reaction!  CANTA Peace 

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.