Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

SCANDAL HELLO WORLD TOUR Memories
Posted Mon May 04, 2015 2:58 am

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Hey guys, as we usually do for overseas performances and tours, feel free to share your experience with the tour, post pictures, everything goes. 

If you are a member that did not participate on the tour beware that there will be obvious spoilers here that you do not want to see if you have not yet attended a concert of the tour. I am pretty big on the 'no spoilers' thing so please be aware of this! If you do not mind however, feel free to read and participate.

Post your stories below!

SCANDAL HELLO WORLD TOUR Memories Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL HELLO WORLD TOUR Memories
Posted Mon May 04, 2015 9:34 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

I have done it in the London thread on S-H, but I'll repost the link to my self-indulgent blog posts of my experience in London.

The high touch: http://stomachofchaos.com/?p=9195

The gig: http://stomachofchaos.com/?p=9191

SCANDAL HELLO WORLD TOUR Memories SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon May 04, 2015 10:13 pm

Mentolo

Mentolo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
When I gave my gift to MAMI she said"oo!sugoii! arigatou" then I was so overwhelmed that my mind blacked out and I can't remember cleary what happen between that and when they played, and now I feel so sorry for RINA the was after MAMI...
I also think I made the most pathetic face ever, but luckily we(especially I) will never know

it's just a not-so-interesting(almost stupid and pointless) story, but I wrote it anyway so one day I can read this and remember again.
(as you can see remembering stuff it's not my best)

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 05, 2015 12:08 am

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Mentolo wrote:When I gave my gift to MAMI she said"oo!sugoii! arigatou" then I was so overwhelmed that my mind blacked out and I can't remember cleary what happen between that and when they played, and now I feel so sorry for RINA the was after MAMI...
I also think I made the most pathetic face ever, but luckily we(especially I) will never know

it's just a not-so-interesting(almost stupid and pointless) story, but I wrote it anyway so one day I can read this and remember again.
(as you can see remembering stuff it's not my best)
After the first hi  touch in Paris and Mami saw I was wearing her HELLO WORLD outfit she just said 'Mami' and pointed at me I was so happy that i totally don't remember if I  hi touched Haruna. I'm sure I did but my brain just blocked it out of my memory haha

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 08, 2015 5:39 pm

metalleo

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.leojhphoto.com/
Concert has ended and I have just reached home (could have been home earlier, but was charging my phone at flare's hotel room). Need to post first before i forget the minor details, to give myself a memory somewhere of the SG concert. Warning. This will be very long, because it will contain memories of almost everything that happened from arrival to end of concert. AND HUGE SPOILERS FOR NON-CONCERT GOERS, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Spoiler:

TL;DR: my entire concert experience can be summarised in 3 separate incidents
Important Point #1 for me: I volunteered to give a gift to RINA (of course) and managed to get a smile and thanks out from her when I gave her the gift.
Important point #2 for me: During Oyasumi, the moment RINA started singing I literally cried, right in front of RINA.
IMPORTANT POINT #3: Told RINA I cried during Oyasumi in (most likely) gramatically incorrect Japanese (Oyasumi naitetta). She probably understood anyway, because her reaction was priceless. She had a huge genuine look of surprise on her face (with mouth covered), asked really? in Japanese, and replied with a huge thanks.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 08, 2015 8:25 pm

gunnersforlife

gunnersforlife

International Performer
International Performer
http://gunners-4life.blogspot.com/
You thanked this post! -

So finally I managed to finish my story after few hours of writing and having post concert syndrome. I have been looking for this concert for a long time since December, when they announced it on 5th December 2014.
Hope I give something different perspective from metalleo's post.
Warning: Kinda long post ahead. 

Again, big spoiler for non-concert goers. 

Spoiler:

In summary, this was my best SCANDAL concert experience, especially because of first row I got and the amount of interaction with SCANDAL not in a formal way, e.g. saw them in the photoshoot in Hard Rock, or after the interview, or outside the Starbucks. I did not manage to go to the airport, but then for me, these experience has been a really good one, if not the best.

Hope not making any bad mistake or missed anything as I wrote this while waiting me to calm down after concert.

Last edited by gunnersforlife on Sat May 09, 2015 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added photos and some amandments)

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 08, 2015 10:45 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
It's nice to read the Singapore stories above - makes me feel like I was there too. Thanks, guys!

I have posted links to my stories for the London show, and realised I might as well add these - the two shows I saw in January, the 2nd and 3rd show I saw in Japan of the HELLO WORLD TOUR.

They're kinda self-indulgent, but if you wanna have a read, here they are:

29/1/15 Tachikawa: http://stomachofchaos.com/?p=9078

31/1/15 Maebashi: http://stomachofchaos.com/?p=9095

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 08, 2015 11:47 pm

metalleo

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
gunnersforlife wrote:So finally I managed to finish my story after few hours of writing and having post concert syndrome. I have been looking for this concert for a long time since December, when they announced it on 5th December 2014.

Spoiler:

In summary, this was my best SCANDAL concert experience, especially because of first row I got and the amount of interaction with SCANDAL not in a formal way, e.g. saw them in the photoshoot in Hard Rock, or after the interview, or outside the Starbucks. I did not manage to go to the airport, but then for me, these experience has been a really good one, if not the best.

Hope not making any bad mistake or missed anything as I wrote this while waiting me to calm down after concert.

Lol you never talked about how you were completely rejected by Eisuke. I was the one holding up that board with you. Pretty funny moment there

SCANDAL HELLO WORLD TOUR Memories 2d0ylnt
Asia Tour 2013 (Singapore) - 16/03/13
HELLO WORLD (Singapore) - 08/05/15
PERFECT WORLD (Budokan) - 12/01/16, 13/01/16
YELLOW (Singapore) - 04/06/16
10TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL (Osaka Izumiotsu Phoenix) - 21/08/16

Discovery of SCANDAL - 22/07/11
First SCANDAL Concert - 16/03/13
First Banner Chosen and Displayed On SH - 29/04/14
First SCANDAL Concert in Japan - 12/01/16
First Time to Photograph SCANDAL at a Concert - 04/06/16
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 09, 2015 2:17 am

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
gunners wrote:Ah after that we saw them entering Din Tie Fung, one of the restaurant in Sentosa. We saw them eating Xiao Long Bao, but we decided we should not interfere to their eating timem so we went to Starbucks.

This right here is what means a lot to me really, sometimes its hard to control ourselves but this is very nice, great memories gunners and metalleo!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 09, 2015 6:02 am

gunnersforlife

gunnersforlife

International Performer
International Performer
http://gunners-4life.blogspot.com/
metalleo wrote:
gunnersforlife wrote:So finally I managed to finish my story after few hours of writing and having post concert syndrome. I have been looking for this concert for a long time since December, when they announced it on 5th December 2014.

Spoiler:

Lol you never talked about how you were completely rejected by Eisuke. I was the one holding up that board with you. Pretty funny moment there

Too embarrassed to say that in my personal experience, but yeah, I should have added that one. I decided to do stupid things I won't forget hahaha. I wrote “Eisuke Kawaii” in the board on the other side of the “Hello SCANDAL” placard, but he didn’t want it. Tried to say eisuke kawaii, he was so serious, walked away from me without noticing me. To put short, I was rejected by Eisuke lol

thanks kaito for the userbar SCANDAL HELLO WORLD TOUR Memories 464571

16.09.2011 SCANDAL Asia Tour 2011 「Baby Action」
16.03.2013 - SCANDAL LIVE IN SINGAPORE 2013 
28.06.2014 - 29.06.14 - SCANDAL ARENA LIVE 2014 「FESTIVAL」
08.05.2015 - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015 「HELLO WORLD」 - Singapore

Join IDSH FB Group (PM me so I can accept you!) : https://www.facebook.com/groups/141565765907454/
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 09, 2015 7:32 am

metalleo

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
metalleo wrote:Concert has ended and I have just reached home (could have been home earlier, but was charging my phone at flare's hotel room). Need to post first before i forget the minor details, to give myself a memory somewhere of the SG concert. Warning. This will be very long, because it will contain memories of almost everything that happened from arrival to end of concert. AND HUGE SPOILERS FOR NON-CONCERT GOERS, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Spoiler:

TL;DR: my entire concert experience can be summarised in 3 separate incidents
Important Point #1 for me: I volunteered to give a gift to RINA (of course) and managed to get a smile and thanks out from her when I gave her the gift.
Important point #2 for me: During Oyasumi, the moment RINA started singing I literally cried, right in front of RINA.
IMPORTANT POINT #3: Told RINA I cried during Oyasumi in (most likely) gramatically incorrect Japanese (Oyasumi naitetta). She probably understood anyway, because her reaction was priceless. She had a huge genuine look of surprise on her face (with mouth covered), asked really? in Japanese, and replied with a huge thanks.
To anyone who's interested, I wrote a different version on Facebook Notes for my personal memory on Facebook. They generally contain plenty of similar stuff, but the Facebook one might contain more or less of my personal thoughts on particular events that happened. Can take a look here if anyone is interested, though I didn't add my post-concert afterthoughts on that.

SCANDAL HELLO WORLD TOUR Memories 2d0ylnt
Asia Tour 2013 (Singapore) - 16/03/13
HELLO WORLD (Singapore) - 08/05/15
PERFECT WORLD (Budokan) - 12/01/16, 13/01/16
YELLOW (Singapore) - 04/06/16
10TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL (Osaka Izumiotsu Phoenix) - 21/08/16

Discovery of SCANDAL - 22/07/11
First SCANDAL Concert - 16/03/13
First Banner Chosen and Displayed On SH - 29/04/14
First SCANDAL Concert in Japan - 12/01/16
First Time to Photograph SCANDAL at a Concert - 04/06/16
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon May 11, 2015 4:20 pm

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
The concert in Singapore was kind of emotional for me. It was my first time to watch them perform live.

Here's my report

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon May 11, 2015 4:38 pm

andywei4995

Caless Student
Caless Student
gunofslinger...  i am from batam (indonesia), i also the scandal fans can u approved my req in fb? because this id is new, so i cannot PM..
add me please...
lunar_weiz@yahoo.com
thanks before .shy.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 15, 2015 5:05 am

Shanipika

Shanipika

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Mmmm ok my story

Spoiler:

But to get to what I really wanted to say, thanks for sharing those moments with everyone here Happy Its actually amazing and it make me feel like if I was really able to be there for a short moment even tho its always painful to come back to reality after.

I really hope to see more story soon Happy

And that one day it will be my turn to be able to share those amazing moment with everyone Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 16, 2015 4:37 pm

FWMJ

FWMJ

International Performer
International Performer
Well i went to Singapore's concert. Even though it was my first time(my bro brought me to the concert and i was no a fan yet.Sorry) My bro was a fan of MAMI, so we stand on the right side of the concert. i remembered that i was standing at the second row so it was very close to MAMI and i also think that she had been looking at me many times!!! Since it was my first time i didnt know what to do so i just followed my bro and the fans in front of me. At the end of the concert my throat wasa dry and i can speak any more but the best part of this concert was getting to Hi-Five with them at the end of the concert.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon May 18, 2015 4:18 am

clem84

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

Everything about the Chicago show was great except that it was a little bit short. I didn't count the number of songs during the show but when the pre-encore part was over I though "damn isn't this a little short."

It was a great set though. When I purchased my premiums, I didn't know what row I would be, not even the section I was in. Imagine my surprise when I go pick my tickets Friday morning at the Rosemont theater and look at them to see "row A". I must've had a stupid grin on my face for two whole hours. It turns out I was right in front of Tomomi to the left.

I spoke with somebody who was there and told me he thought the sound could've been better. I don't know. The show sounded amazing to me. Every instrument was clear and so were the vocals. The whole time I was leaning on the sort of structure between the stage and the crowd. I was banging my hands on it or clapping the whole time. My hands were seriously hurting by the time the show was over, but I was super happy Happy. It kinda paid off because the next day during the Q&A panel they said they were happy that the crowd seemed to be really into it. When Tomomi tripped I thought to myself "oh sh**", wondering if she was ok. But when she burst out laughing it was pretty obvious she was alright. They were just all smiling and just full of life. It might have been a short concert but they had amazing energy while it lasted.

ACen screwed us loyal fans of pretty much both autograph sessions. The guidebook app said that the Friday one was at 10h00pm right after the show. It turns out it was in the morning at 11h00 and I only found out at 2h00. I was so pissed off. Then the next day there was the Q&A panel and the second autograph session was right after it which meant that even if you ran to the place right after the panel there would still be a ridiculous line because the session was just about to begin. So basically the people who attended the Q&A had almost no chance of getting an autograph. They signed for about an hour and then they told the staff to not accept anymore people. Thanks Acen.

The photo op did happen and they passed everyone who had bought a tshirt so that was good. I got a picture with them but the member of the staff who used my camera didn't really know what he was doing so the picture came out kinda bad and of course you only had one shot. Anyway, I was still happy to get a picture with them.

The important thing was the concert and it was amazing as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully they'll come back to north America next year or the one after.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon May 18, 2015 3:19 pm

Meteorgun7

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.facebook.com/Meteorgun7
Yeah the concert was amazing, I was dead center but in row D, it was perfect. The set list was short, but epic. Poor Tomomi falling down, but she was ok! 

I got to ask them a question during the Q&A, and I thanked them for their show when I saw them in Summer Sonic!! ACEN sucked with organizing. I missed the first autograph session since the app said it was cancelled, but they had an earlier one. I didn't find their merch booth until it was too late and the shirts were sold out, so no pic for me. 

All in all, it was a great weekend for us SCANDAL fans. I'll be flying out this week to LA so hope to see some peeps there!!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon May 18, 2015 8:27 pm

Darkath9

Darkath9

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Meteorgun7 wrote:Yeah the concert was amazing, I was dead center but in row D, it was perfect. The set list was short, but epic. Poor Tomomi falling down, but she was ok! 

I got to ask them a question during the Q&A, and I thanked them for their show when I saw them in Summer Sonic!! ACEN sucked with organizing. I missed the first autograph session since the app said it was cancelled, but they had an earlier one. I didn't find their merch booth until it was too late and the shirts were sold out, so no pic for me. 

All in all, it was a great weekend for us SCANDAL fans. I'll be flying out this week to LA so hope to see some peeps there!!!

I was in section 102 row D seat 1. It was a really amazing spot to be in! 

I managed to make it to both signings, since someone had posted the changed time on one of the posts here, so I planned accordingly. It also helped that I had to meet with everyone to get my badge that morning too XD. 

The signings themselves? Worth the wait. Getting to meet all four members was awesome, even if my reactions were embarrassing XD. For the first signing, all I could manage was "Hi" and "Arigatou", and that left me nervous. The second signing was easier on me, but by the time I got to the end I was shaking pretty hard. 

The concert? I can't really compare it to any other concerts, since it was my first, but I can definitely say it was a perfect first time for anyone. There was so much energy in the theater that I thought my entire being was going to explode. HARUNA's english was fairly good, but I laughed a little when she'd give a thumbs up at the end of a sentence. Using Harukaze for the encore was definitely a plus for me, as it's one of my all time favorites. I was already tired and destroyed, but the second they started Harukaze, I was ready for more. I only wish the'd done a few more songs. 

The photo op was definitely a highlight. Being as far back in the line as I was, I got to see them enter before people in the front did, and that was especially cool. My picture turned out great, and I was definitely pleased. 

One of the best parts of it all was meeting so many of you people. We all get along nicely on the forums, but it's really an experience to meet those people in person. Each one of us had different personalities, but we were all brought together by SCANDAL. 

My only dislikes and regrets were that they didn't play Oyasumi and that the concert had to end.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed May 20, 2015 6:02 am

eionswolf

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
The concert in Chicago was fantastic. .dies.  I was not able to get a premium ticket so I was upset at first. Then when I lined up fo GA the line was stupid long. I kept my cool, made it in, and got the seat in the front on the balcony like I wanted on Mami's side. I just wished they played Oyasumi and Hon wo Yomu.

When I was jamming in the lobby to Nai Nai Night two guys actually asked me who was the band playing. All I could think was "It's the band we have been standing in line to see for the past like 3 hours" but I was nice and explained who SCANDAL was. Then they both say "Never heard of them". Why get in line? Then the balcony was only 1 full row deep. And on top of that none of those a**holes were singing or even moving. I was making up for them though. I was hoarse the next day. If you were there and you heard screaming above you, it was me. It was kinda awesome because everytime the girls looked up their eyes wandered to the only motion on the balcony which was me. On top of that there was Timo falling, Mami's pick breaking and Rina throwing her left stick at the end.

I also managed to get two signed items and a picture on my first SCANDAL run. I was so nervous all three times I was shaking. If you stick with SH they will steer you right BOI, lol. Thanks guys for making it a fantastic experience guys.

Back to top Go down

Chicago Performance
Posted Thu May 21, 2015 1:01 pm

cantacanta

Caless Student
Caless Student
I made it to the Rosemont Theater for the Chicago venue.  While there were some other issues with ACen communication about the band events, the concert itself was worth attending.  If you could make it to Chicago, you received autographs, a live performance, band Q&A, and a photo (provided you purchased a tour t-shirt) for just the cost of membership which was $53.  This is not something that would be possible in Japan.  The last live concerts I attended in Japan cost nearly $250 per ticket.  I was lucky to just be in the crowd over there.  The one caveat was that you needed to know how to work the scheduling and it helped to have a friend in the lines. 

Regarding the acoustics, it was not perfect and I think the experience changed on where you were seated.  The problem mainly seemed centered on higher sound pitches.  Overall, I had no complaints. 

As my first SCANDAL concert, I was curious to hear how the band sounded live.  I've heard the complaints about the use of Auto-Tune in both CDs and live DVDs.  I want to make clear that these girls can hold their own in a live venue.  Their voices are suited well to the music they play and they play well.  If you ever can make one of their concerts, you will not be disappointed.  I've been to plenty of other live performances where the band sounded horrible!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 23, 2015 2:09 am

Hase

Hase

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -

Hi!
I'm from México and the concert was AMAZING!!
 I meet them and the staff take me a picture with them because i was VIP. Mami and Haru (I think was Haru xD) said me kawaii! OMG I died inside!
When the Meet and Greet  ends (it was more a meet than a greet because only take a picture and bye :v) we can make some questions and xD I'm jumping so high (thanks concert's friend) and Haru and Tomo laugh when they saw me xD (Died inside again) 
Before the concert some new friends and me make the word Timo with the lightsticks and when Tomomi saw it she smiled a lot!!! :'D 
At the middle of the concert Tomo and mami make Haru laugh then Tomo make haru dropped her pick and laugh at the middle of the song (the moment: https://instagram.com/p/27phF0CSSi/)

There was a lot of beautiful moments!! :'D 
I recorded some songs but I think the forum's rules said I can't post it here D: hope you can say me if I'm wrong
SCANDAL HELLO WORLD TOUR Memories <a href=SCANDAL HELLO WORLD TOUR Memories 10411110" /> <-- Timo word by us Tongue

SCANDAL HELLO WORLD TOUR Memories <a href=SCANDAL HELLO WORLD TOUR Memories 17732410" /> <-- photo by press

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 23, 2015 10:22 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
Hase wrote:Hi!
I'm from México and the concert was AMAZING!

I saw a few videos of the show online and I have to say the Mexican audience was fantastic. You guys are LOUD!!! I wish I was there to experience it! Good job, guys!!! ^^

Back to top Go down

Chicago/ ACEN
Posted Mon May 25, 2015 1:37 pm

richard scranton

richard scranton

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxvg_PmErmegCY5-fgqHtaA?view_as
You thanked this post! -

I had never been to any kind of convention before and mostly would never have gone to one if it wasn't for Scandal. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the convention and am thinking about going to more. 

The first day of the con I walked around the dealers room before the first signing and bought the Scandal tour t shirt and Canta keychain, I was disappointed that they didn't have more merchandise. Standing in line for the signing was so surreal to actually get to see them in person. .toj. I got my Temptation Box photobook signed and wish I would have learned some Japanese so that I could have said more than just Hi Thank you and Bye. 

The concert was amazing! I was kind of glad that the two seats next to me were empty so that I could spread out but that still didn't stop me and the guy next to me from bumping into each other twice as we were jumping around so much.

The Q & A was fun so I don't regret going and missing out on getting another item signed. 

I was standing outside the room in the hall for the photos when I got to see Scandal walk by. The line moved pretty fast and when someone would hold out the tour t shirt in front of them I would notice that Rina would grab part of it to hold it out. Before I knew it it was my turn. I said Hi and stood between them and Rina lean in a little so that her shoulder touched my arm. LOVE 

I said thank you to the band and left. And that was one of the best weekends of my life.

Back to top Go down

My memories of Hello World tour California.
Posted Tue May 26, 2015 2:13 am

chiguirex

chiguirex

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -

First of all, I want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH to all the guys and gals from SH that were present in LA. Thank you for receiving me and taking me in, a new stranger into the group. You guys were so nice, cool, and kind. It made my Cali vacations so much fun. I hope to see you guys soon!!!

For me this tour was more than seeing Scandal. I met new people and had a lot of fun.
I captured some of those good times on camera. Here is the photo album
Photo Album

And some videos:
CheeseCake Factory
Party:
part 1
part 2
part 3
part 4
part 5
part 6
VR:
VR

SCANDAL HELLO WORLD TOUR Memories 17916553778_0be373d3f7_q
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 26, 2015 2:00 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -

I meant to keep this short, but it kept growing....

The two shows over the weekend were amazing. I mentioned to several people who impressed I was with the performance quality of the playing and singing. The songs were incredibly close in quality to the studio versions, something that isn't all that common in live shows. I was close enough to see their facial expressions, and I could tell that the band was having a really good time. (On day two, Mami seemed a little more subdued than she did on Friday night, but by the end of the show, she was much more energetic.) I remember a few points where Haruna was just looking around the room with a little smile on her face; I wonder what she was thinking....

Then there's the Bear Incident. The House of Blues in Disney Town is right next door to a Build-A-Bear Workshop. One man (who's name escapes me, am so bad with names) and his girlfriend suggested getting bears made for the band members. I thought that was an amazing idea and told him to let me know when he goes to do it. He apparently bounced the idea around to some other people, but didn't get any initial interest. Shortly after lunch, though, two guys (Ross & someone else who's name I can't remember) came back with a bear for Mami and a dinosaur for Rina (to replace Dai-chan who apparently "broke" at some time in the past, according to Rina during an MC break). This prompted much faux outrage as the guy who originally came up with the idea was wondering why nobody got him to go. So, I, he and his girlfriend, and a couple of other people (again, me being terrible with names is going to get me in trouble), went over. We largely collaborated on putting together a white bear with overalls & a red/white striped shirt for Tomomi, and a purple bear with jeans, leather jacket, and combat boots for Haruna. Hahaha...we were all so proud of how awesome our bears were that we were showing them to everyone. When we got inside to put the gifts into the gift boxes, we showed the bears to the staff who seemed to really like them. During one of the MC's, the ladies from the band talked about their memories from the last time they had come to LA. Rina mentioned her old dinosaur doll, and Tomomi talked about a bear she had built for Haruna back then and asked Haruna, "Do you know where that is now?" Maybe this was foreshadowing? We had originally planned to sing Tomomi and Mami a happy birthday song when the band came back out for the encore, but we were in for a surprise. When the band came back out, each member was holding the doll we had made for them!! All thoughts of singing happy birthday were largely forgotten, I personally was stunned. Tomomi stood holding her bear to hear chest and said into the microphone something like "Meccha kawaii!" {Edit: after watching a couple of videos of that point in the concert, it's more likely that Tomomi said "Mini Tomomi."} They put the bears/dinosaur on stage with them (Tomomi tried several times to get hers to stand up, to no avail), and banged out Harukaze and Everybody Say Yeah! for the encore.

On a personal note, I want to thank everyone I met over the weekend for making my trip from Atlanta so incredibly enjoyable. I especially want to thank Jade and Eric (I think that's his name, am terrible with names) for organizing so much stuff for us out-of-towners to do. I know at times that getting us moving was like herding cats, but I'm sure everyone appreciated your efforts as much as I did. I was a little leery of making the trip out to LA because I didn't know anyone out there. I don't really like traveling by myself because to me it feels a little depressing. Everyone I met over the weekend was incredibly nice and friendly, and by the end of the weekend, it felt like I had known everyone for years instead of just a few days. Again, thanks to everyone who made this trip so amazing.

Anyway, for those interested, you can find me on Facebook. Look for "Chester Payne" in either Atlanta or Decatur, GA (not sure which one I listed as my home city; Decatur is a suburb of Atlanta). I've already posted up an album of pictures I took that include one of all the bears on stage :D

Last edited by saldiven on Wed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.