You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Re: SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories
Posted Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:00 am

chanquata

Caless Student
Caless Student
Wow! That is so amazing that you guys got to meet Scandal. The trip sounded very exciting, if only I knew Scandal earlier. Maybe I could've also been there to meet them.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:02 pm

MICHIO87

MICHIO87

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Ah, I forgot last time, but there was a cute message in english by the members at the end of the radio interview.  I was impressed how good their pronunciation has become. 

So it got me wondering, did the girls say anything in english at the fan meeting?  Or was all the translation done by DJ Chikapin?

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:07 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
They didn't say anything in English at the Fan Meeting. I was surprised they didn't even attempt to say anything in it at all, since, like I had said earlier, they made such a complete effort to speak English the last time they were in the US three years ago.

SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories - Page 4 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:01 pm

MICHIO87

MICHIO87

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Hmm...nothing at all...that is sad to hear, especially since Rina had said that she wanted to do at least some of the MC part of the live in English.  I remember seeing some of the clips from their last time in America on YouTube, so I was looking forward to seeing how much they've improved since then. 

Well, maybe the girls weren't as confident in their English skills this time around.  The English message that was palyed on the radio sounded scripted, so maybe that's why they were willing to do it. 

If I remember correctly, Rina wrote in a blog post that she wants to improve her English more to better communicate when they go overseas.  I guess with the preparation for the Area lives and the Kyuu ni Kite Gomen tour, the members didn't have enough time to prepare their English skills....

Either that, or since Hawaii has a large Japanese population, they felt more comfortable using Japanese.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:17 am

kFDzero

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Great work with the entries and recaps.  They were all so great and detailed that I swear I almost felt as if I was there taking part.  Great pics and vids aswell btw. 

It's so good to hear everyone having such a great time and all those instances of running into band members randomly is so cool - I especially loved the one where Mami pats the head of Canta in the lift - somehow I ended up with a very visual image and I literally burst out laughing.

It's great to hear how down to earth they are and how often they reply to tweets.  Hopefully, they really do go on a world tour and head down under lol.

Love the after party recaps and how the various fan groups bonded so well. Isn't it amazing how something as simple as being a fan of something can bring so many people together.

Even though I wasn't there, I would also like to thank all those who helped make this event possible and all those that translated the various interviews etc. Also good work with the costumes.

Anyway, looking forwards to more posts, pics and videos.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:42 pm

Hawaii fan

Hawaii fan

International Performer
International Performer
on a side note, it was great to read everyones reviews and memories. very detailed. 

I thought i would post this here but if its in the wrong place then feel free to move it to the proper thread

they will be airing a program on asahi tv today about the honolulu ekiden. i don't know what they will air exactly but it seems theres some music vids that may be aired during the program.

here is the link 

again if this is the wrong place to post this reply please feel free to move it

www.bs-asahi.co.jp/honolulu_ekiden/

SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories - Page 4 2282749210 SCANDAL is the Most Powerful Japanese Girl Rock Band  SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories - Page 4 2282749210

HARUNA, MAMI, TOMOMI, RINA!!

''If there's no Rina, there won't be SCANDAL anymore.''- Ono Haruna

"You can go anywhere.
You can choose the way to go on your own
The answer is for sure not just one

What's your Standard?!" - "STANDARD" SCANDAL
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:42 am

MICHIO87

MICHIO87

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Oh...! Nice find!

It looks like it'll be a special documentary of the whole event, from the expo to the actual ekiden to the music fest. It seems like they'll feature some hot spots around Hawaii as well....

Now if there were only some way to see this....

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:33 pm

Wizard Haru

Wizard Haru

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://wizardharu.tumblr.com/
A bit late but finally found the SCANDAL Hawaii memories topic on this forum!!  Took a wonderful trip down memory lane.  A big high five to everyone who wrote about their trip!!

SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories - Page 4 Haruna_zps9bffb496
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum