Posted Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:00 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

I figured it was time to start the US thread for the world tour as we had more or less been dominating the tour thread in SCANDAL News for a while, haha.

As you guys might know already, SCANDAL will be coming to the US in May:

5/15 - Rosemont Theatre, Chicago, IL
5/22 - House of Blues Sunset Strip, Los Angeles, CA
5/23 - House of Blues Anaheim, Anaheim, CA

There are about 20-ish people in my group that are planning to go, and I've already seen that another handful of other SH members will be attending as well! Happy

We will be planning on doing some kind of meet-up directly after each show here. Details are TBD, but they will most likely be at places close to each venue.

A large chunk of us attending are from SoCal and will be planning out what to do for the shows here, so any suggestions on what we might be able to do close to the Chicago venue would be great!

[USA] HELLO WORLD Tour 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Re: [USA] HELLO WORLD Tour
Posted Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:52 am

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.reddit.com/r/chicago/wiki/activities

Personally I'd like to go kayakking there, never done that before

[USA] HELLO WORLD Tour 61185
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:09 am

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I'm looking forward to meeting everyone at the LA shows and regret not being able to go to the Chicago show, too.

I've never been to California before, so this will be an experience for me.

Were people going to try to meet the band at the airport this time around? Might be a fun thing to do, like make up a banner or posters and such, but it would depend on how logistically possible that is at the respective airports.

I'd love to go eat here while in LA:

http://hinokiandthebird.com/

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:17 pm

rconthenet

rconthenet

Caless Student
Caless Student
I was also going to ask about the airport welcoming. Let's show them a GREAT welcome to LA!

House of Blues - Los Angeles 5/22/2015
House of Blues - Anaheim 5/23/2015
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:47 am

chiguirex

chiguirex

Caless Student
Caless Student
I'm thinking of renting a car and drive around the LA/Anaheim area for a couple of days and do some tourism. Let's see how that goes. Feel free to join me.

[USA] HELLO WORLD Tour 17916553778_0be373d3f7_q
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:04 am

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
kaitanuva wrote:http://www.reddit.com/r/chicago/wiki/activities

Personally I'd like to go kayakking there, never done that before

Mark you would come up with the crazy idea... 

I dont know when youre gonna find time to go kayaking but I'll be there to take pics and film. 

In chicago I was expecting just to walk around, eat a lot of (A LOT OF) food and just go see places that are interesting and cool, nothing that would take up an entire day since we probably wanna be around the con, oh wait, and also look at the actual convention (lol)

In LA, it is still a bit early to be 100% of what we'll do after the shows but you can be sure it'll be about hanging out, drinks, music, fun and many more! After the Anaheim show is over, I'm sure ill be pretty exhausted but I might be able to hang out and go touring with you guys.

[USA] HELLO WORLD Tour Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:51 am

Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I was talking to my mother a few days ago if she remembered what sort of interesting things there were to do in Chicago and she mentioned some food place that she said we should absolutely visit. She said their food was the best in the area so yeah. x) Except that the place isn't exactly in Chicago and is actually in Joliet, and I also forgot what the name of the place was (which I'll have to ask her again eventually). ^^

But that's all I've gotten out of her so far in terms of things to do in Chicago. x) Maybe I'll try asking her again when we both have the time to sit down and talk. ^^ Just walking around Chicago though and seeing what we can find is a pretty decent way to find things to do. c:

saldiven wrote:Were people going to try to meet the band at the airport this time around? Might be a fun thing to do, like make up a banner or posters and such, but it would depend on how logistically possible that is at the respective airports.
It could be fun to try and greet them at the airport for the people who are in L.A at the time (personally haven't decided yet if I'll head to L.A early or stick around Chicago for a bit since I have to pass on Mexico). Although I'd imagine it would be a bit hard to get everything figured out; certainly not impossible though. ^.^

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:15 pm

Alxa

Alxa

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I have a friend who goes to Chicago all the time (Plays backup in the Orchestra).

He said there is so much to do in Chicago - it really comes down to personal preference.

I've been Kayaking but it was in Alaska.  

We're just planning on taking advantage of the train and heading down town on Saturday.  But it really depends upon when the autograph and panel sessions are.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:29 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I think the challenge with greeting the band at the airport in LA is the timing between the Mexico City and LA shows. They play the 20th in Mexico City and 22nd in LA. So, it's a question of whether they go straight to the airport to fly out right after the Mexico City show, arriving really early in the morning of the 21st so they can rest all that day, or if they wait until sometime on the 21st to fly up. I think it's pretty unlikely that they would wait until the 22nd to make the trip, considering the logistics of getting the venue set up for the show.

Honestly, I had originally thought to fly in on the 21st, but I'm considering flying in on the evening of the 20th in case that would give me the chance to be with a greeting group on the 21st.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:30 pm

Shiguo

Shiguo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
chiguirex wrote:I'm thinking of renting a car and drive around the LA/Anaheim area for a couple of days and do some tourism. Let's see how that goes. Feel free to join me.
I was wondering if anyone was considering something like this / was going to suggest it a little later down the road. I definitely would want to do this.

saldiven wrote:Honestly, I had originally thought to fly in on the 21st, but I'm considering flying in on the evening of the 20th in case that would give me the chance to be with a greeting group on the 21st.
I was planning on coming in on the 21st as well, but like you say if we can sort it and there's a greeting group I'd come in earlier for that. Basically making this my vacation as I won't have another chance for one any time prior to next Christmas I think.

As for Chicago, there is another person in my lab that grew up there so I can ask her for suggestions for you guys as well if you'd like. Ironically enough she's in Japan right now but easily reachable.

~Shiguo

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:44 pm

eionswolf

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Sorry Kiatanuva I vote no for kayaking as its to much like "work" for me. The nerd in me was kind of hoping for a visit to a museum or planetarium.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:46 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
eionswolf wrote:Sorry Kiatanuva I vote no for kayaking as its to much like "work" for me. The nerd in me was kind of hoping for a visit to a museum or planetarium.

There's a really good museum in Chicago. Sort of like a version of a Smithsonian or something:

http://www.fieldmuseum.org/

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:38 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
About trying to welcome them at LAX, my group hasn't discussed that yet but we most likely will try. We did do so the last time they came to LA 3½ years ago.

Spoiler:

There's no way they could fly to LAX after the show on 5/20 because the latest flight out of Mexico City is at 9:50 pm, which is around when the show will most likely be ending, so it's probably a good bet that they'll be flying in the day after on 5/21. That date, as you guys might know, is MAMI's birthday, so perhaps we could give her a small present such as a birthday card with messages from us? Just thinking off the top of my head right now. And maybe it's even possible that those of us who are flying to Mexico might even be on the same flight to LA as the band, haha Tongue

Not sure if we'll do a banner this time like the ones we had made before. What do you guys think, though? And if we do, would you guys be willing to chip in for the cost (it'll be around $125)?

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:44 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I'd be perfectly willing to chip in for banner/birthday present. I'd assume the more people who decided to contribute, the better? What would be the best way to get money out to y'all to help with the project?

Times like this, I'm glad that Atlanta is the Delta base of operations. Tons of flight options direct from here to LA. I could leave work, take MARTA down to the airport (leaving my car at the office) and be in LA by 9:00 Pacific Time (ticket under $400).

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:24 pm

Shiguo

Shiguo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I'd be more than happy to pitch in for a banner and present. ^^

I think however it works out I'll come in on the 20th, I don't like having to scramble and hate flying anyway (the process not the flying), so it'll just be easier to get in ahead of time. But we'll see as we get closer to time.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:23 am

Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'd be happy to help pitch in for a banner and/or present for Mami as well. ^^

If anyone is feeling creative, I can always help get things to create a custom-sort of present/card for Mami. I work in a craft store so it would be easy to get supplies for a more custom sort of present at a really deal (coupons combined with an employee discount really helps out a lot lol Tongue). It would just require a bit of help affording any items... And of course people willing to help/give ideas on what sort of present/gift to make her. x)

Handmade cards are actually pretty fun and easy to make. ^^"

saldiven wrote:I think the challenge with greeting the band at the airport in LA is the timing between the Mexico City and LA shows. They play the 20th in Mexico City and 22nd in LA. So, it's a question of whether they go straight to the airport to fly out right after the Mexico City show, arriving really early in the morning of the 21st so they can rest all that day, or if they wait until sometime on the 21st to fly up. I think it's pretty unlikely that they would wait until the 22nd to make the trip, considering the logistics of getting the venue set up for the show.

Honestly, I had originally thought to fly in on the 21st, but I'm considering flying in on the evening of the 20th in case that would give me the chance to be with a greeting group on the 21st.
It is probably most likely that the girls will fly to L.A on the 21st. Flying out after the Mexico show or flying in on the day of the L.A show would be cutting it close and probably wear the girls out. It can be done as I've seen artists do it before but, as far as I can remember, the times I've seen it done were all because of irresponsibility on the part of the management/organizers. So it's probably safe to say that the 21st is the most likely date.

Personally, I'll probably book a flight for the 20th. But that's all personal preference to the fact I hate flying since I have trouble staying in one spot and have trouble adjusting to new surroundings, so I prefer arriving early to wander around and get used to it. Besides, it would be nice to get to know some people a bit earlier if it's possible to arrive somewhere a little earlier, no? ^.^

eionswolf wrote:Sorry Kiatanuva I vote no for kayaking as its to much like "work" for me. The nerd in me was kind of hoping for a visit to a museum or planetarium.
I like this suggestion haha. x) There's supposed to be a lot of museums in Chicago, no? Some of them could be really interesting~ c: And it wouldn't be an all day thing either since it's pretty easy to go in and out of museums (although that does depend on the policy and museums in question).

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:02 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
saldiven wrote:I'd be perfectly willing to chip in for banner/birthday present. I'd assume the more people who decided to contribute, the better? What would be the best way to get money out to y'all to help with the project?

If we do do this, we could collect it at the airport the day of. And yes, the more that contribute the better. We could see how many people are willing to chip in and try to split the cost evenly.

--------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the Acen badges, they finally replied back to me after 4 days and basically just said that they won't invoice us individually; all of the badges must be purchased by one person.

So, how about this:

I can purchase the badges for everyone who wants one, and those who do will need to PayPal me upfront for the cost of their badge plus the $2 fee for shipping.

We have 24 people in the group right now. I'm not sure exactly how many people will say yes to this option, so the badges will either cost $53 (10-19 people) or $50 (20+ people). My core group consisting of 13 are good with this option, so hopefully we can get at least 7 more OKs from the remaining people in the group.

Those in the SH Acen group, please reply here or PM me to let me know by this Sunday 2/1 if you'd want me to get your badge and if you're okay with PayPal-ing me the cost of the badges (final cost TBD) upfront. If you do not let me know by then, you will be removed from the group and will have to purchase your badge on your own.

Edit on 2/2: I'm still waiting to hear back from a few people so I will extend the deadline a few days. Still, please let me know ASAP!

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:24 pm

akakina

Caless Student
Caless Student
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the Acen badges, they finally replied back to me after 4 days and basically just said that they won't invoice us individually; all of the badges must be purchased by one person.

So, how about this:

I can purchase the badges for everyone who wants one, and those who do will need to PayPal me upfront for the cost of their badge plus the $2 fee for shipping.

We have 24 people in the group right now. I'm not sure exactly how many people will say yes to this option, so the badges will either cost $53 (10-19 people) or $50 (20+ people). My core group consisting of 13 are good with this option, so hopefully we can get at least 7 more OKs from the remaining people in the group.

Those in the SH Acen group, please reply here or PM me to let me know by this Sunday 2/1 if you'd want me to get your badge and if you're okay with PayPal-ing me the cost of the badges (final cost TBD) upfront. If you do not let me know by then, you will be removed from the group and will have to purchase your badge on your own.
Couldn't pm you...
I am okay with paypal-ing and have you get the badge for me.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:29 pm

silkdog44

silkdog44

Caless Student
Caless Student
I'd like to PayPal you for the badge and I'm down to chip in for the banner and present.

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:04 am

Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I was talking to my mom a few days ago about getting flight tickets to Chicago and she mentioned that she advises trying to fly to the Midway Airport in Chicago instead of the O'hare Airport... She had very little good things to say about O'hare haha. xP

Speaking of Chicago, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on relatively affordable hotels and what would be the best areas to look at hotels? I haven't really done any research into hotels around Chicago. ^^"

If anyone is looking for someone to stay with while in Chicago, you can always pm me and we can talk. I've gotten L.A pretty much figured out (with the exception of how to get to Anaheim but I'm hoping a friend will just give me a ride down there haha). So anyone can pm me if they're looking for someone to share a hotel with while in Chicago. ^.^

Last edited by Airi-chan on Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:12 am

moose

Caless Student
Caless Student
I'd like to PayPal you for the badge too

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:27 am

ortega

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hey thoseguiltyeyes,

I know this is my first post; however, I just wanted to let you know that I too would like to participate in paying you forward through PayPal. Do let me know. By the way, we met before at the AM2 hand-shake SCANDAL and at IHOP afterwards in the year 2011.

Anyways. Thanks

--ortega

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:20 pm

GeoFreak

GeoFreak

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Airi-chan wrote:I was talking to my mom a few days ago about getting flight tickets to Chicago and she mentioned that she advises trying to fly to the Midway Airport in Chicago instead of the O'hare Airport... She had very little good things to say about O'hare haha. xP

Speaking of Chicago, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on relatively affordable hotels and what would be the best areas to look at hotels? I haven't really done any research into hotels around Chicago. ^^"

If anyone is looking for someone to stay with while in Chicago, you can always pm me and we can talk. I've gotten L.A pretty much figured out (with the exception of how to get to L.A but I'm hoping a friend will just give me a ride down there haha). So anyone can pm me if they're looking for someone to share a hotel with while in Chicago. ^.^
O'Hare is really big and thus can be a bit of a pain to navigate, but it's only one mile (one stop on the L) from the convention center where Anime Central will be held. Many more airlines go to O'Hare than Midway, but Midway does have a lot of Southwest flights, which could be cheaper. And you could take the L all the way from Midway to O'Hare. So, it's a tradeoff between getting a (possibly) cheaper flight to Midway, or paying a little more for the convenience of O'Hare for getting to Anime Central.

You could also just stay somewhere far from the convention center, for example downtown, and just take the L to the convention. Then the convenience of O'Hare is less of a factor. I haven't started looking for lodging, but I bet the hotels near the convention center will be pretty expensive.

[USA] HELLO WORLD Tour 2_crop10
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:41 pm

Shiguo

Shiguo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Airi-chan wrote:I've gotten L.A pretty much figured out (with the exception of how to get to L.A
I've got pretty much the opposite problem (quoted you for easy lead in ^^). Getting there will either be flying in if by myself, or driving if anyone is with me. If anyone needs someone to stay with in LA and/or to split a ride/rental car you can let me know. I realize none of you have met me yet, so I would understand any reticence on your part but I still wanted to offer.

I wish I could go to the Chicago show too, it would give me a chance to visit home (around Indianapolis) for a day or two also, but not sure I can afford it. 

If I decided to do it (by today obviously) could I still get in TGE? I would be fine with PayPal.

[USA] HELLO WORLD Tour Stamp210
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:58 pm

shirokun

shirokun

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
So does that make 20+ people willing to PayPal?

Oh and I wouldn't mind splitting a hotel room with someone, they're damn expensive... Comfort Inn is the cheapest one on ACEN's website which is $120 Single Occupancy and $130 Double Occupancy.

Quadruple is $160, split four ways is a great price for a decent hotel.

Wishful thinking eh? lol

櫻井義郎
시로 (21)
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 16]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.