Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Re: 22nd Single - 「Sisters」
Posted Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:51 pm

victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Info about the songs(nothing too new after all)

1. Sisters
Lyrics: RINA
Music: MAMI
Arrangement: Kenji Tamai, Rui Momota

2. LIFE IS A JOURNEY
Lyrics & Music: TOMOMI
Arrangement: SCANDAL

source

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:54 pm

ryoseki kun

ryoseki kun

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/jeyzombie
Oh sorry to say but I'm not much updated here but I am looking forward in Rina's another song that she wrote, like Oyasumi, I bet this one will be a good one too Happy

22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 5 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMfYSiqCkx0BfnkrexrjlO2bRSkAthIuNxCX-rlRiy3-WUKca1

あなたは私があなたの生活の中で必要ないことを私に言っている必要があります...
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:01 am

ariksyahbana

ariksyahbana

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://soundcloud.com/ariksyahbana
It seems interesting with Limited Pressing jacket cover CANTA Thumbs

.love.   HAIL QUEEN M!!!   .love. 
SCANDAL INDONESIAN FANS

Indonesian fans who are interested to join our SCANDAL INDONESIA FANS group on LINE please feel freely to PM me CANTA Thumbs
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:41 am

astoriasky

astoriasky

International Performer
International Performer
oh well you cant win them all...not feeling "sisters" it doesnt sound like them.

22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 5 6143074812_5b541c9f03_z
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:48 am

Aosaru

Aosaru

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:10 am

neotono

neotono

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Stamp! > Sisters
I don't even care about the "old stuffs are better than the recent ones"... seriously, this is on a whole new level.

22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 5 9CS8aFq
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:12 am

rinrin151091

rinrin151091

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://ichigo-ringo.deviantart.com/
Usually I don't really like their pop-ish songs
But I really like this song!
It feels different and fresh
And as a female fan, I love the part where Haru says "Hey, Sisters"
lol

I'm loving Tomo's bass line and Rina's drumming here
I love Rina's bass drum sound at the beginning of the song
I think it's the first time I hear it on SCANDAL song

I wonder if Rina will add a kick trigger pedal to her drum set, so she can reproduce the electric bass drum sound when they play this song live
I hope she will, it will be very fun to hear at live
Ah, I fell in love with SCANDAL once again because of this song .love.

22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 5 Scandal_encore_show_fan_art_by_ichigo_ringo-d5y7u3v22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 5 Scandal_encore_show_fan_art_by_ichigo_ringo-d5y7u3v
22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 5 Scandal_encore_show_fan_art_by_ichigo_ringo-d5y7u3v
You're welcome RINA!!!  22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 5 620191
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:18 am

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I don't like the song.... I LOVE it!!!! Amazing creativity.... Can't really hear much the acoustic guitar due to bad audio quality but it's a piece of art.... I'm a guy but the song reminds me of Weather Report and Haru's heart-tearing vocals....

I'm pretty much excited on the video now and the b-side.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:26 am

victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I like it overall. Definitely better than Stamp! The only issue I have with Sisters is the auto tune at the beginning, that's a shame and I'm missing TOMOMI's voice in singles. We don't listen to her since Yoake no Ryuuseigun

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:09 am

Liokt

Liokt

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.last.fm/user/Liokt
victor_survive wrote:I like it overall. Definitely better than Stamp! The only issue I have with Sisters is the auto tune at the beginning, that's a shame and I'm missing TOMOMI's voice in singles. We don't listen to her since Yoake no Ryuuseigun

On my first listening of the song, I was very very afraid with the auto-tune thing at the beginning. I was like "omg, is this a Almond Crush' song?". But then the music started and all my worries were gone. I just can't decide between this and Stamp!; both of them are very enjoyable and interesting. Man, I'm happy with these latest releases. I confess I was counting every second to finally listen to "Sisters" (the promotion strategies are working very well this time [at least for me]) and here we are. It's as good as I was expecting - no, maybe it's a little better. "Sisters" sound like a super-improved version of "Pin Heel Surfer" - which I love, by the way, but now, listening to the new song, I can see where PHS did it wrong while trying to please the fanbase with generic arrangements. They're trying so many new things without losing their roots. They're showing us that mixing references and flirting with pop tendencies without losing their characteristic rock soul is possible. But I have a complaint: what the heck TOMOMI isn't singing in this single AGAIN? This is a thing that really really makes me upset and worried. HARUNA and TOMOMI sharing vocals is like one of the things that made SCANDAL be what they're now. Hope the b-side is full of her, please.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:49 am

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
astoriasky wrote:oh well you cant win them all...not feeling "sisters" it doesnt sound like them.
Yeah, it just sounds like every other pop girl group song, nothing really special.  .wew.  Stamp!  sound like any 90s Western rock band,  at least it was different and exotic for them and the Japanese demographic. I don't mind their poppish /danceable songs, they just have to keep my interest and to be honest this song is kinda boring. I don't know where the whole "girl ROCK them came from lol)

Well the guitar parts are cool and I love the volumn of Rina kick pedal, I wish their previous song had loud of a pedal. And I can probably tell it has some encouraging lyrics.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:50 am

Ono Sasazaki

Ono Sasazaki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://ono-sasazaki.tumblr.com/
I love the emotion in this song .love. 

It's not exactly how I imagined it, but I still like it a lot. And I'm sure I'll just love it even more the more I listen to it haha

I also love how Haru hold the final word of the song. Like she does in Flashback No.5. Awesome .cool.

22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 5 NPtInLh
四 天 王 の S C A N D A L
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:56 am

Reachie

Reachie

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Not blown away by it, I liked Stamp! more, but it's not bad, something I'd enjoy listening to more on repeat.

22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 5 TqohPfv
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:34 am

Lexian

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory
neotono wrote:Stamp! > Sisters
I don't even care about the "old stuffs are better than the recent ones"... seriously, this is on a whole new level.
I can sympathize. I'm gonna have a hard time taking this song in for the next while. Guess it's time for me to roll dice on the B-side again Thinking

victor_survive wrote:...and I'm missing TOMOMI's voice in singles. We don't listen to her since Yoake no Ryuuseigun
Dang, you're right. I wonder if it's a stylistic shift made within the band since Yoake or it just so happens that the past 3 consecutive singles don't really have a spot for Tomo's vocals (i.e. matter of chance).
I, for one, will start to find it peculiar or strange if this goes on for 4 A-sides in a row. I've always been a fan of SCANDAL's "share-the-mic" M.O.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:40 am

Sjögren

Sjögren

Caless Student
Caless Student
Pre-ordered the cd+dvd version on eBay. It's too over priced compared to cdjapan. $35 on eBay and around $15 on cdjapan. I needed up paying 1,680 pesos for it. 

Permission to post admins and mods.

Has anyone encountered cdjapan declining the orders due to authorization errors?

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:48 am

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
When I first listened to it I didn't like the song at all. I thought it was really boring, but now I have it on repeat already for half an hour lol more I listen more I love it! They try a lot of new things without failing any of the songs (well a lot of people were disappointed with the Stàmp! But i loved it haha)

I really like mami's guitar and vocal parts with Haru and Rina's drumming is just a heaven to my ears XD but again..
Why the heck TOMOMI isn't singing in this A-Side too?! D:
I will be very disappointed if she won't sing in the B-side too D:

22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 5 Tumblr_pon1n3Osjl1shzh85o3_400
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:06 am

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
first listen was on my phone so via phone speakers. so I was like its ok. But on headphones, you can bounce with the rhythm. Finally someone knows how to tune Rina's drum to make it sound great, especially that bass drum, which now has a fat, full sound to it. Contrary to some previous releases, where the snare drum was way too loud and dominant.

Now I bob my head to it the song. Its a nice surprise song.

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 5 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:13 am

Strokemon

Strokemon

Caless Student
Caless Student
Couldn't even finish listening it the first time, but after a few repeats I'm really enjoying this song, It's not what I was I was expecting, and I'm a bit disappointed by that and the lack of Tomomi, however I liked it and I think is better than Stamp!, but not as good as Flashback no. 5.. 

For now I'll wait for the B side, I hope to hear Tomomi this time

Last edited by Strokemon on Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:19 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Please don't double post. Instead, edit your first post if you wish to add something.)

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:22 am

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
My first impression was that it's just ok. Didn't really like the autotuned intro.
But now I catch myself walking around whistling the melody constantly. It's a really good song.

Hope they release the PV soon.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:55 am

Ono Sasazaki

Ono Sasazaki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://ono-sasazaki.tumblr.com/
Aaaaand I'm in love with the song lol

It's not that pop-y sounding, and it's not something that doesn't sound like SCANDAL either. I can easily imagine them playing this song live and how it'll sound. It's very upbeat and it is danceable like how Rina said.
I'm very happy with this song.
Now I'm super excited to see the MV Happy

22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 5 NPtInLh
四 天 王 の S C A N D A L
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:14 am

Joshua10red

Joshua10red

International Performer
International Performer
Don`t know what to say... i don`t like the auto-tuned intro, it`s a little too pop. I think 「Stamp」 is a little better than 「Sisters」,  after i listen more time i will start to love it. Wait for B-side. Anyway i pre-ordered both editions

22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 5 JeAv1Q8
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:19 am

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I still like Stamp! better but I'm a little biased as it's the genre I love the most. But still I love Sisters. Just one beat of the song and the mood changes.... Their songs can really relate to a person's daily life and this single is an example. Imagine listening to the song while doing exercise in the morning or sipping coffeee, it's a perfect fit

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:41 am

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
Sisters sounds more like a japanese band's tune rather than Stamp (which was a western sound's experiment in my opinion) and I'm loving it. RINA's drum pattern sounds different from the usual and I couldn't be happy (if it's not... let me live in my illusion ahah)

did tomo ever wrote down a full single without singing any part of it? I doubt it. I guess this single will be like Image: a-side fully sang by haru, b-side fully sang by tomo.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:22 am

Mentolo

Mentolo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
It definitely took some time to grow on me, but now I can't stop listening to it.
and I have to say the chorus is so damn catchy, I find myself humming it from time to time haha

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:48 am

JJ-Kun

JJ-Kun

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Actually TBH not a big fan of Auto tunes :D but the instruments and riffs are good so ill ride it anyway overall the song is good can't wait for the MV

22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 5 STlyVA7
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.