You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

dunrite321

dunrite321

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
does anyone know where I can digitally purchase the single? I can't really afford a cd right now lol

Back to top Go down
Rararata

Rararata

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
dunrite321 wrote:does anyone know where I can digitally purchase the single? I can't really afford a cd right now lol

You can get it from Itunes (https://itunes.apple.com/jp/album/huiwanaitsumorino-yuan-qidene/id643508932), but as far as I know you'll need a Japanese Itunes Gift Card/Credit Card.

Here's a Tutorial: http://nihongoperapera.com/store/itunes-japan-registration-guide-no-cc.html

Back to top Go down

bleach86

Caless Student
Caless Student
i got my copy today ... to my surprise i didnt expect a bonus poster lol its awesome! Im watching the instructional video its soo cool and interesting watching the girls explain

Back to top Go down
babaloued

babaloued

International Performer
International Performer
I still am waiting mine... Why I live so far away from Japan .waaa.

SCANDAL live 

2012.07.16 - バンドやろうよ!vol.3
2012.08.21 - Canal City Hakata
2014.06.28/29 - ARENA FESTIVAL DAY 1&2

2014.08.05 - RIJF 2014
2015.04.25/26/30 - HW TOUR 2015
2015.10.21 - TIMM
2016.09.10/17/20/21/24/25 - YELLOW in EUROPE 2016
Live! 
Back to top Go down
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Meh... i'm disappointed... Order it yesterday with some others cd from CDJAPAN and for the first time ever my credit card has been declined... It says they will make another verification and send a mail in1-2 days.

I buy things online since a long time and this is the first time it happens. First time i got redirected to my bank website and then it said something like "authentication failed", usually this doesn't happen.

Anyone experienced that on CDJAPAN? Damn i paid with the credit card i wanted to do it per paypal first but changed my mind 15th Single - 「Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne」 - Page 17 319583

I guess i won't have them this week anymore.

Back to top Go down
Kinetic-Kaze

Kinetic-Kaze

Caless Student
Caless Student
bouli_sensei wrote:@Kinetic-Kaze: if you want to be sure, check your orders in your CDJapan account. If they have sent you the first press edition, it's written with an orange label on your order 15th Single - 「Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne」 - Page 17 438254.

I checked already but thanks for the tip anyway! It does indeed have the orange label so it appears that I do have the first press bonus. .clap.

Back to top Go down
kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
bleach86 wrote:i got my copy today ... to my surprise i didnt expect a bonus poster lol its awesome! Im watching the instructional video its soo cool and interesting watching the girls explain

15th Single - 「Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne」 - Page 17 Cc79215e-2969-4feb-b3b6-55e523563e0f_zps389dd8a5

Love the poster. Will be framing it for one of my rooms! ^ ^

15th Single - 「Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne」 - Page 17 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

bleach86

Caless Student
Caless Student
^ nice one . your avatar is that the sticker you got for the RE cd? Looks cool

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

@bleach86: Pretty sure that's from the I Made Face app. The stickers that come with the regular edition are quite different:

15th Single - 「Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne」 - Page 17 Tkgpf1img600x4501369129.th

15th Single - 「Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne」 - Page 17 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

bleach86

Caless Student
Caless Student
ok thanks for the info, the stickers look great esp the one with MAMI Wink

also is there any online shops to get good and cheap poster frames?

Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
You thanked this post! -

I just want to say I held off on reading this thread anymore past a certain point and listening to the single until I actually got it. I hadn't heard "24 Hours Plus Before Dawn" until today. And my god, THIS is the Scandal I want! THIS is what I've been wishing I'd hear from them all these years. This song sounds like a natural progression from their early years, to me. Even Tomomi, whose vocals I haven't been a big fan of lately, sounds amazing. I think I actually prefer her verse in this song to Haruna's! I love it when she gets a little bit out of control and her voice gets that tiny little bit of raspiness, like she's on the verge of yelling. Sounds so punk!

Some of my favorite songs of theirs are their b-sides and I think this is one of those singles where I do prefer the b-side. I understand that "Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne" is more mainstream and radio friendly, and it's on a movie soundtrack, but "24 Jikan Plus no Yoake Mae" is definitely more my kind of song. I actually think it's one of the best songs they've ever recorded. I *really* hope they play it live somewhere, it would be an amazing live song.

Back to top Go down
kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -

@bleach86: nope. and as @thoseguiltyeyes astutely pointed out, my avatar is DIYed using the Imadeface app. and how i wish i can get all 5 stickers - which one did you guys get?

as for frames, I am IKEAnising 'em. as for online ones, you'd best Google (i note that you're from Oz - i would only know the shops from the UK). am thinking of framing the free encore show/jo hall poster too as both are 72cm h x 51.5 cm w.

@spacecadet - you hit the nail on the head. can't add anymore. the jangly guitar intro was reminiscent of pearl jam's cover of green river's 'swallow my pride'. i was going, "is THAT timo?!! whoooaa!!!" last night during the 2nd chorus. Haru's voice was punk rawk too, man. if they play that live, get rid of your glowsticks, boys n girls - it's mosh/pogo time! lol (i know, not happenin', right? the mosh/pogo bit)

it's the weekend tomorrow, and i may well just sit down with the guitar tonight and learn it!

Last edited by maharizm on Fri May 24, 2013 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
maharizm wrote:@spacecadet - you hit the nail on the head. can't add anymore. the jangly guitar intro was reminiscent of pearl jam's cover of green river's 'swallow my pride'.

I actually thought of the Foo Fighters the first time I heard it, oddly enough. The fuzzy guitar breaks and then some of the melody sounds very much like them.

i was going, "is THAT timo?!! whoooaa!!!" last night during the 2nd chorus. Haru's voice was punk rawk too, man.

Yeah they are both REALLY into singing it, like it really means something deeply personal to them. The funny thing is they didn't write these lyrics, which I can't believe after hearing them sing it. They are just going all out during the chorus. You're right, it's Haruna too - she is practically screaming it in parts. With headphones, you can hear her take these BIG breaths in between phrases. They are both just so close to being out of control.

it's the weekend tomorrow, and i may well just sit down with the guitar tonight and learn it!

I had the same thought Happy It doesn't sound that hard. A lot of the best songs are really simple to play - I'll bet this one's really fun too. I'm hoping the fuzz parts don't use an alternate tuning.

Back to top Go down
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
You are right about the B-sides and this one in particular, i love them too and i don't see any difference with a single, they are (almost) all really great and that is one of the thing i like about SCANDAL. ENCORE SHOW is amazing.

Of course i don't love ALL the songs, a very few are just "ok" but the very very large part of their songs (Singles or B-sides) are all amazing.

This B-side is a good sign that SCANDAL doesn't want to become a "pop band", they are still the SCANDAL from a few years ago but of course they evolved a bit and their music too which is absolutely normal and natural.

Back to top Go down
kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
I just saw the instructional DVD from the single. Looking at how RINA talks about her drums and the techniques used (boy, did I NOT understand a single word of Japanese) - she seemed very confident and she was a far cry from the girl who only a few years ago was in tears during practice. Way to go, RINA! ^ ^ がんばって、ね。

And to any fans wanting to cover the song - you can now do it perfectly I think. All secrets are out! You just need the chords (which are available on another thread on SH) and away you go. I can see a few cover videos coming our way too... 15th Single - 「Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne」 - Page 17 3566927540

Back to top Go down
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
How long is each part of the instructional DVD? 2-3 minutes or more like 15?

Just curious, i took the 2 other editions because i don't play an instrument.

Back to top Go down
kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
A whopping half an hour! Great huh? I was worried they would skimp on the vid, but they didn't.

Back to top Go down
FreeFall

FreeFall

International Performer
International Performer
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:How long is each part of the instructional DVD? 2-3 minutes or more like 15?

Around 6-9 minutes each. MAMI's and RINA's are the longest ones.

15th Single - 「Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne」 - Page 17 Timooverflow

TIMO OVERFLOW!!

Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Did anyone notice that Haruna's hands are actually shaking during some of her instruction? She seems quite nervous. Because she's got this natural stage presence when playing live and she's a little older than the others, I always think of her as this veteran rock star - moreso than the others. But sometimes I'm reminded that she's only been doing this for 5-6 years, and I know she's actually not that comfortable talking in public by herself. So both talking and *playing* by herself for the public without the rest of the band there was probably really nerve-wracking for her.

Mami sounds really confident and relaxed in her segment - I get the feeling that nothing ever really gets to her (though I'm not sure about her teaching skills). Tomomi sounds like she doesn't really know what to talk about or show at first, but she always seems like someone who can make the best of any situation, and she figures it out. And Rina always seems like she just wants to give the fans what they want to see. I was a little disappointed in the sound quality - it seems like they used something like a DSLR for this (the video looks just like video from my Canon Rebel T2i in similar light) and the mic obviously had a lot of trouble adjusting between their amp volume and speaking volume, and it couldn't really pick up the frequencies of Tomomi's bass well.

I couldn't understand much of the Japanese but I can understand musical terms and I could see what they were doing, so I got the gist of most of what they were saying. I feel like Mami's part is going to be pretty hopeless for most people watching; she seemed like she was saying stuff like "and then you play like this, it's an arpeggio" and then she'd go and play this complicated phrase at full speed and then move straight on to the next point. The others all showed really simple things that everyone can do.

Back to top Go down
kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
Timo seems to be fidgeting with her in ear monitors!

spacecadet wrote: I was a little disappointed in the sound quality - it seems like they used something like a DSLR for this (the video looks just like video from my Canon Rebel T2i in similar light) and the mic obviously had a lot of trouble adjusting between their amp volume and speaking volume.

Agreed. Most people, when they do instructional vids, would stop speaking when they play as obviously the mic for the speech will pick up the sound from the guitar amp.

Back to top Go down
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
6-9 minutes per member doesn't seem that long to explain/show how to play =/ But better than nothing i guess for all their musicians fans!

Also yeah from what you describe it seems they are not great teachers, especially MAMI? But it's seems normal to me, they are not rock veterans and teaching/showing something isn't that easy, not everyone is good at that.

Maybe they should have told MAMI to explain the part you are talking about spacecadet a little bit better and slower.

Back to top Go down
kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
I guess the point of the vid is to provide pointers to how they play the song - and they have to take the middle ground to do so.

It does appear that fans who have some knowledge in playing the respective instruments would be satisfied with the explanations provided - in fact, some of the better players would go, "Yup, I got that - even before the video was released!" 15th Single - 「Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne」 - Page 17 628112 For me, it was like "Ah - she played it there, no wonder it sounds better". And for the completist, these pointers would be great.

Fans who may be disadvantaged (like the ones alluded by @spacecadet) would be the less experienced ones who have only started to play a musical instrument. The girls could tailor the vid for these fans, but it'll prolly take 2-3 hours!

Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
maharizm wrote:Timo seems to be fidgeting with her in ear monitors!

She *always* does that - she must hate those things. People commented on her doing that at Osaka-jo Hall, and she also did it at Budokan. I mean constantly, in between songs. She either really can't stand them or it's just habit, but if it's habit, she must have picked it up because she initially was really uncomfortable with them, even if she's not anymore.

Back to top Go down
Jerec

Jerec

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Teaching is NOT easy, no matter how good you are at whatever you're teaching. Wouldn't be surprised if none of them were so great at explaining how to play their instruments to others. But it's still very interesting to watch.

Back to top Go down

bleach86

Caless Student
Caless Student
I thought the vids were great. They didn't skimp on the vids I thought 30 mins was a decent length. The secret live rocked as well Rock on

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum